Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Edge Evolution EEC2200 FYI

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Edge Evolution EEC2200 FYI

ORIGINAL: e

i havent had any problems in any of the tunes so far. Toy is your truck stock?

I will say that the power is better, better as in throttle response but fuel economy in the highest setting sucks. 11.6-12.3 is what im getting on the avg DIC. Now i've been flooring the truck a lot more than ever before so I know this will kill the mileage and oneday i will drive it like the SUV it is and this should get things back up.

However before (econo mode)at 60 with the cruise set the instant economy would be around 18-20 but mostly to the 18 side only getting over 20 every blue moon, and now it runs more in the 20-23mpg staying mostly at 20 and droppping to 18 every now and then.

Today we installed a Trueflow XDI intake and a magnaflow catback so we'll see how much more gas we can burn.......

Toy i noticed that you said on economy you got more power, but on the econo setting its designed more towards better fuel burning and transmission shifting.When we went to econo we didn't see any power increase. What number is displayed on the screen in the corner of the unit? I'm thinking you might be on 2 or 3 which needs a higher octane fuel and this might be why your getting the pinging.....
I have a Gibson exhaust, that is it. I have the setting on 2 which requires 87+. I verified the octane setting with Edge. I am going to go to another gas company and fill it with 87(which Edge said to do). If I still have pinging, then I will call Edge back. I do get more power on setting 2.

Digdug- Edge has not released the pod for the new dash yet. I called them the other day and they said it would be about a month.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

SOOOOOO -- I have read this post front to back and you guys are counterdicting each other and I have not heard real performance or mileage numbers. Does it help your mileage in economy mode? real numbers not instant dash readings. Does it improve performance in the economy mode? if not does your mileage suffer and how much when you bump the settings for performance.
Old August 4th, 2007, 1:03 PM
e
CF Senior Member

BroncoBoy: we taking a trip today on the highway so I'll give you the mileage increase or decrease.
We put 87 in the tank and have it set on the econo tune #2 designed for fuel mileage.
I will say that coming down from the extreme #4 mode, it make a HUGE difference in performance HUGE.

Todate our best fuel economy on a full tank was in the low 14's. This would of been on a 4hour highway drive and a halfday of city driving. This was a bone stock setup.

Toy we just hammered the truck on 87 with #2 and experienced no pinging. Have you fiqured out your pinball machine?

0-60 at #1 8.6secbest of three
0-60 at #2 8.3sec best of three (so Toy there is a slight increase in performance)
0-60 at #4 7.8sec best of three (before XDI intake and exhaust)
Old August 4th, 2007, 8:16 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Ok setting #2 on 87.
207 mile trip highway and little city, normal driving but a 45 minute 2 mile bumper to bumper traffic due to wreck.
Used 11.9 gallons yeilding 17.39 miles to the gallon.
By far the best we've ever seen.
Old August 5th, 2007, 3:32 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: e

BroncoBoy: we taking a trip today on the highway so I'll give you the mileage increase or decrease.
We put 87 in the tank and have it set on the econo tune #2 designed for fuel mileage.
I will say that coming down from the extreme #4 mode, it make a HUGE difference in performance HUGE.

Todate our best fuel economy on a full tank was in the low 14's. This would of been on a 4hour highway drive and a halfday of city driving. This was a bone stock setup.

Toy we just hammered the truck on 87 with #2 and experienced no pinging. Have you fiqured out your pinball machine?

0-60 at #1 8.6secbest of three
0-60 at #2 8.3sec best of three (so Toy there is a slight increase in performance)
0-60 at #4 7.8sec best of three (before XDI intake and exhaust)
I am waiting for this tank to be run down to almost empty. I will fill it with87 from a BP station rather than Shell. This will tell me whether or not it is a fuel problem or a tune problem.

Old August 6th, 2007, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

e: Thanks, sounds like there are some real gains in fuel economy available. Do you have a exhaust and intake? I have another question does it raise the speed govenor ? I was heading to Havasu this weekend made a pass on the scary HWY 95 I was just about to get around the slow moving train and somewhere around 98mph the Tahoe hit the govenor - not a good feeling when your hung out on a two lane road while passing.
Old August 6th, 2007, 11:14 AM
CF Active Member

You can do a custom tune and electronically change the top speed, gearing, and tire size.

Old August 6th, 2007, 12:06 PM
e
CF Senior Member

We just put the Exhaust and Intake on last week. TrueFlow XDI and Magnaflow Catback. Both nice pieces......XDI alone sounds like an exhaust system in the front of your truck with the factory exhaust, adding the exhaust rounded things out. The wife loves her intake and exhaust. VROOM
And Toy answered the question on the MPH....
Old August 6th, 2007, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

e; How much did the Tru flow affect the interior noise? I am a little reluctant with the exhaust and intakes because I will tow my boat a couple of times a year to Powell and it seams like your allways pulling a grade. The one thing I dont want is intake noise like my open K&N on my pick up thats one reason we take the tahoe for a 11 hour trip. The Tru flow caught my attention because it uses the stock air box.
Sorry I didnt mean to hi jack this thread and get it off track
Old August 6th, 2007, 2:45 PM
e
CF Senior Member

if you use the CAI "classic"trueflow its a very nice system and it keeps the airbox so its not noisy at all.The XDI is their power house which can suck a house into your engine and its loud. I might be actually replacing it with the CAI "classic" intake in a few months. The XDI is designed for extreme performance application and I really think the Tahoe "no offense" would yield better numbers with the "classic." I really think the XDI is overkill on our application.

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution EEC2200 FYI