Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Elec motor noise under dash

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2023, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe found the issue

Originally Posted by Roccodawg
Hello all...new to this forum, but have found useful tips here in the past and hope I'm not duplicating a thread. My problem is that I have a continuous electrical motor of some sort (cooling?) coming from under the dash on driver's side. It's definately not in the area of the stereo....I can't pinpoint it exactly, but sticking my fat head down there, it sounds like it's coming from under the dash, somewhere above teh steering wheel column and below the instrument panel. Any thoughts? I'm familiar with the failing stepper motors as I've already replaced 2 of them in other '05 Chevy models and they never made that sort of noise...guages just failed. Thanks in advance.
Ik this might be a long time since but on my 03 Silverado im having the same issue and i was playing around with everything since everyone was saying theirs would stop when they opened their door and such. I found out the noise comes from a motor that open and closes the vent for the air flow torwards the floor on the driverside. When i have the air turned on for the floor the noise stops completely.
hopefully this might help somone.