Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Electrical Issue: HELP

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2015, 9:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Issue: HELP

Hi,

By brand new 2015 Suburban LT, 3k miles died suddenly. Engine light appeared and moment later car lost engine power. Had to slow roll to the side of exit ramp. Almost causing accident.
Engine did not entirely die at once, just slowly died and would not restart. Has anyone experienced this issue? Just happened yesterday and had to tow car to closest dealer (which was closing at the time of drop off).
Old March 15th, 2015, 12:10 PM
CF Monarch

Received 348 Likes on 329 Posts

You are under warranty. Let the dealer fix it and you get a loaner if they have to keep it. Inconvenient, but it works.
Old March 15th, 2015, 1:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 211 Likes on 185 Posts

And keep us posted as to the cause please. Interesting to see if it will be a trend.
Old March 16th, 2015, 6:54 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tim21
Hi,

By brand new 2015 Suburban LT, 3k miles died suddenly. Engine light appeared and moment later car lost engine power. Had to slow roll to the side of exit ramp. Almost causing accident.
Engine did not entirely die at once, just slowly died and would not restart. Has anyone experienced this issue? Just happened yesterday and had to tow car to closest dealer (which was closing at the time of drop off).
tim21,

My apologies to learn that your new 2015 Suburban LT lost power and died suddenly. It's great that you were able to get it to the dealer. By all means, keep us posted on the diagnosis. If additional assistance is needed, please do not hesitate to message us privately.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 17th, 2015, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Hello,

I just received a call from the dealer. He indicated that it was a control module on the fuel tank that caused the issue.
According to the dealer, there was no indication on what caused the failure.
Only issue I have now, is that the car died while I was traveling and the car is with a dealer in another state and I had to return home.
It will be interesting to see how I get the car back.

As a side note, this is my second new car from Chevy. My first car purchased in Sept (a 2015 Tahoe) had a power train issue that caused the car to get stuck in 4wd repeatedly. To the point where I had to give the car back. I got the Suburban and now there are problems again.

Love the car, but this is very concerning. I will add that my dealer has been very supportive.
Old March 17th, 2015, 6:51 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tim21
Hello,

I just received a call from the dealer. He indicated that it was a control module on the fuel tank that caused the issue.
According to the dealer, there was no indication on what caused the failure.
Only issue I have now, is that the car died while I was traveling and the car is with a dealer in another state and I had to return home.
It will be interesting to see how I get the car back.

As a side note, this is my second new car from Chevy. My first car purchased in Sept (a 2015 Tahoe) had a power train issue that caused the car to get stuck in 4wd repeatedly. To the point where I had to give the car back. I got the Suburban and now there are problems again.

Love the car, but this is very concerning. I will add that my dealer has been very supportive.
tim21,

Thanks for your update. It's great to see that the concern was tracked to the control module on the fuel tank. I do understand the displeasure of having to travel back to another state to get it, but please let us know when you have the vehicle back and how it operates.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 18th, 2015, 8:41 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lol

Customer Service Robots are funny.

GM quality for the win