Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2019, 12:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical issues

So I got a 99 Sub, here’s where it all began. I installed a new Hopkins agility brake controller, watched an install video, ran the wires correctly but did not hook up the circuit breaker posts right. Did not realize this until I picked up a trailer and I didn’t have 12v. Which brings me to yesterday.... decided I was gonna fix it, started disconnecting stuff but never took off my NEG bat post, switched the wiring around and noticed I didn’t have any brakes lights, when pressing, than had no hazards, or turn signals, but when I turned my hazards switch off, I got turn signals, than when I turn the hazards on, push on the brake pedal and hold the the emergency button down on the brake controller the door button starts to ding, hazards would flash and idk if the brake lights would work. Now when I disconnected the controller and removed the fuse the only thing I got is turn signals, and tail lights when I turn my lights on, but no brakes, controller, or hazards?????? Idk if I replace the brake switch relay under the pedal or did I fry something else? Please help.
Old January 28th, 2019, 3:06 PM
CF Active Member

Location: Currently the Candian Gander is wintering over in New York.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Golly that reminds me of a sorry story of something I did when I was a lot younger. I hooked up an 8-track to my existing radio wiring harness, and when I turned it on, it back fed current into the radio and burned it up.