Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

electronics going crazy

Search this Thread

Old December 31st, 2019, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Suburban

My Suburban has been possessed.
It will go crazy with all electronics and even the gas. Feel very unsafe, kids are scared. Got stranded again today an hour from home. After it goes nuts, it’s completely dead and can’t even use my hazards.
nobody knows why it does it.
Old February 13th, 2022, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 Suburban “Possessed.”

Has anyone encountered a fix for this problem? It’s been a great SUV - until recently. The dealer could not find a “code.” I’ve heard some people finding a poor cable connection with the battery. Can anyone validate that.
Old February 23rd, 2022, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this issue with my 2007 Suburban LTZ. Lights coming on. Door locks cycling. I saw all the posts about grounds and power. Concern was intermittent. I found the GM LAN (bus communications) resistance was incorrect. I found I had continuity between the hi and low and it went away when I unplugged the ABS module on the frame under the drivers side. I cleaned the connector, both sides and the continuity was gone and the problem was also gone.
The following users liked this post:
lowtechredneck (October 1st, 2022)
Old April 14th, 2022, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default electronics going crazy

My Apologies for replying to a thread that is many years old, but, My Van (2007 Chevy Express G2500),is experiencing the exact same issues, but it's not been put on the road yet, as we are rebuilding it.

Moose did You figure out what the problem(s) were?
The following users liked this post:
katlin_jeter@hotmail.com (September 17th, 2022)
Old September 17th, 2022, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

DavidDeBord, I am having the same issue with my 2015 Tahoe recently. It changes the stations on its own. On the main console as well as dashboard. It flips from screen to screen and will change the stations were listening to. The touch screen won’t respond when you select something while this happens as well. Is there any update as to how to fix?
Old October 1st, 2022, 12:03 AM
CF Beginner

Default similar problem

Originally Posted by morbygoon
I had this issue with my 2007 Suburban LTZ. Lights coming on. Door locks cycling. I saw all the posts about grounds and power. Concern was intermittent. I found the GM LAN (bus communications) resistance was incorrect. I found I had continuity between the hi and low and it went away when I unplugged the ABS module on the frame under the drivers side. I cleaned the connector, both sides and the continuity was gone and the problem was also gone.
my 2007 sub has been turning DRLs on and off while driving along with doors constantly locking. I was suspecting the BCM because the click is coming from that area.
Old October 9th, 2022, 3:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default Something to look into

Our '09 Tahoe TL was doing pretty much the same thing. I believe that the culprit is an intermittent electrical source. The two different dealerships were messing around with the truck and failed to find the issue, The truck finally wouldn't start and the tow truck driver saw that the positive battery cable had slightly come free from the cable end terminal. Since the cables were (both positive and negative) replaced, the issue has disappeared.
Old October 15th, 2022, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Default 13 Suburban gone crazy.

Don't know if you guys found a solution to the problem but my 2013 Suburban you'd be driving along and the radio would shut off and restart the dash lights would go out The doors would lock and unlock the headlights would flash and then go back to like nothing happened. After playing with it for a couple weeks without a solution. I took it in and found that there was a short in the positive battery connection wire/cable. And their place hit me haven't had the issue since. Good luck y'all.
Old October 15th, 2022, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default Bcm

Removed my front bumper because the infinite morons put a dual ground that’s impossible to get to otherwise. Cleaned & reconnected to no avail.

Got a new bcm today. Knock on wood, the old problem is gone. Electronics are great until they’re not….