Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

engine hour resetted? DAVE??????

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2007, 9:27 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine hour resetted? DAVE??????

Truck's been sitting since Father's Day. I started it the other day with no problems but didn't drive it. So I'm assumming I woke up all of the electronics and by doing this caused the battery to run down. I went to start it this morning and I had nothing. I mean dead dead dead, nothing responded,so before I attempted to start it, I let it charge up a little. When I tried the first time to start the engine, it attempted to crank but acted as if it was enough voltage. SoI let it set a fewmore minutes before giving it another try. The second attempt was good to go. As I sitting in the garage i went thru the DIC to check everything and noticed my Engine Hours @ 0.0 from 130 something that was on it before.

First is this normal and can it be fixed back to orginial hours?
Second could this been caused from the Evolution which hasn't seemed to have changed settings?

I've got 5.9 hours on it now with no driveabilty problems.....
Thanks Dave!!!!!
e
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:23 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: engine hour resetted? DAVE??????

That is not normal.
The engine hours are stored within the a solid state non-volatile memory chip in the instrument cluster.
The original hours or best estimate can be put back in however the cluster would need to be sent to a Service Center for this and it would be a covered repair.

We had some problems with early Colorado trucks doing this but I haven't seen this in any other product since.
There is a chance that the Evolution is causing this but I can't say for sure or even how it could, there is also the possibility of a bad cluster.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 6:52 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, I guess their going to Love the fact that I changed my gauges..............I changed them at 220 miles so I dont feel this could be the cause of the issue. Its a pretty straight easy process on pulling the cluster out and we are always so careful at banging them up.
I called the dealer and the SA informed me that it could be reset via flashing the computer??????
Thanks Dave.......
e
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:28 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask the service advisor iof he would be so kind as to "reset" it again for you by "flashing the computer", I'll wager a large bet that he can't do it.