Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Engine Noise

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2007, 4:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine Noise

Any updates regarding this noise. I have the exact same issue [:'(].
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:19 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: breagle

I have an 07 Suburban and I believe we MAY have the same problem. After about 5 minutes of driving....my truck makes a squealing/squeaking sound when accelerating. It is extremely audible at low speeds(driving through neighborhoods). If it is at idle in park or nuetral, when you blip the accelerator, it squeals then goes away back at normal idle. It sounds to me as if it is some pulley or some bearing problem.

I need to take my truck in for that and for the aspirator on the roof above my head....its making a buzzing sound that I read GM has a bulletin out for. Pretty disappointing for a 47k vehicle with 1800 miles. Guess I see why they are hurting.
AT and Breagle any updates?
Old May 15th, 2007, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Nope
Old June 3rd, 2007, 12:10 AM
CF Beginner

Hey guys,

First post. Took the 07 Yukon to the dealer for the high pitched noise that you guys are talking about. It occurs right off of idle, whether in park on in drive.

There is a bulletin on the problem (sorry I didn't get the document ID.) Anyway, it's a known issue with the power steering system. Currently there is no fix.

Dealer said to check back every few weeks until a fix is out for the problem. They said previous model years have had similar issues and it usually involved lengthening, shortening, or changing the size of a hose.

If anyone runs across the fix, please post it here!

gl
Old June 3rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Ran across a thread tonite where ZX mentioned replacing the OEM PS fluid w/ a synthetic. Believe it was a Valvoline product but not sure.
Old June 4th, 2007, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem....and it is very annoying!!! Dealership is a joke and they have know idea of when they will fix it. At least they have a document out on it now. I have been to the dealership about 6 times for this noise, and they keep saying it is normal, which i know it is not! Very fusterating!!

Document ID# 1974648
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 2WD

[hr]

[align=left]

Subject:
Power Steering High Pitched Whistle Noise Heard in Any Gear with Vehicle Warm (No Fix Available at This Time) #06-02-32-010A - (05/22/2007)[/align]
[align=left]

Models:
2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT[/align][align=left]

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Silverado 1500, Tahoe[/align][align=left]

2007 GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon, Yukon XL[/align]

[hr]

This bulletin is being revised because a new fix is being developed. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-02-32-010 (Section 02 -- Steering).
[hr]

Condition
Some customers may comment on a high-pitched whistle noise. This noise occurs just off idle in any gear with the vehicle warm. It can best be heard when seated in the vehicle, with the windows up, and the radio and HVAC off. The noise will be a very low amplitude (low volume level) and very high frequency (similar to a dog whistle).
Cause
The source of the noise described above is internal to the steering gear. Engineering is currently investigating the cause of this noise and working to develop a correction.
Correction
No correction is available at this time. DO NOT replace the steering gear in an attempt to correct this correction. This bulletin will be revised when a fix becomes available.
Old June 4th, 2007, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for posting the document. That will help with the dealership.

gl
Old April 7th, 2008, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

Any word from anyone on this squeal - I have an 07 Avalanche with same problem. DRIVIN ME NUTS!!!!
Dealer and GM giving the run around!
Old April 7th, 2008, 8:22 PM
CF Beginner

Hey guys, I dont know if this would help but I was having the same problem on my Tahoe before... I hear like a whistling noise coming from my engine when I'm cruising around town and when I'm on parked. So I took it to my dealership and they noticed that there was problem with the timing belt and pulley cam.. So they end up replacing it and the noise was gone. Hope this solve some your problems.
Old October 27th, 2012, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

OK, so my problem is with the rear aspirator in my 2003 Yukon. There are several posts to replace the front over the door but no help for the rear. Anyone have any idea how to pull the headliner down to get to the one in the rear.

Quick Reply: Engine Noise