Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Ethanol at Pearson Fuel Depot

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2007, 1:19 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: Pearson Fuel Station

That certainly cleared it up for me.
[sm=joke.gif]
Old April 16th, 2007, 1:34 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All fine and dandy except that the average consumer could care less where the fuel in his tank comes from.

FYI:
Most of the oil imported into the U.S comes from Canada not the Middle East.
Old April 16th, 2007, 1:51 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1
FYI:

I never knew that - Very Interesting
Old April 16th, 2007, 2:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also agree the average consumer does not care. ButI hope everyone agrees that foreign productsare anything that does not come from within the USA, hence the word import.
Old April 16th, 2007, 2:09 AM
Administrator

I believe a small chunk of it comes from Venezuela also.
Old April 16th, 2007, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ifilled upthe Tahoe with E85 today.
Regular was $2.70. E85 was $2.25. I'll see what my mileage difference is and if that was a good value.
Old April 16th, 2007, 3:38 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All fine and dandy except that the average consumer could care less where the fuel in his tank comes from.

FYI:
Excellent point Dave! Dont quote meon my statistics (I am sure it can be searched but I didnt take the time), but most dont know what Dave just stated. Canada is the #1 supplier to the US, followed by Mexico! I cant seem to remember the percentages but I seem to remeber Canada alone gives the US 50-70% of the oil imported into the US. Again this is from memory which is losing brain cells weekly.
Old April 16th, 2007, 3:58 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't really figure out the American consumer, most people agree that global warming is a problem but few are willing to make any concessions or do much of anything to help the problem.

I personally believe that it's a natural occurrence that we cannot perpetuate or stall no matter how hard we try but that is beside the point.

Most Americans complain and worry about the loss of jobs in this country and our economy but few take a proactive stance to "Buy American" in fact some think that it's downright fashionable to be a little anti-America when it comes to auto's, even though U.S autos rate much better in quality now than most imports.

And remember that even if you purchase a foreign brand car that was made in the U.S all those profits find their way back to the motherland.
Old April 18th, 2007, 1:41 AM
Administrator

Just think how much less we would have to import if we could drill off Florida, Calif., and in ANWR. I agree with Dave on the dreaded "global warming". It's interesting that the most vocal proponents of it will not let us build windmills, hydroelectric dams, nuclear power, etc. The local power company, KCPL, was finally allowed to build a wind farm out in Kansas, but only after beating down the opponents who were against it do to the visual impact on the view. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but the many times I've traveled I-70 thru Kansas, I was underwhelmed by the "view".
Old April 18th, 2007, 2:29 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most Americans complain and worry about the loss of jobs in this country and our economy but few take a proactive stance to "Buy American" in fact some think that it's downright fashionable to be a little anti-America when it comes to auto's, even though U.S autos rate much better in quality now than most imports.

And remember that even if you purchase a foreign brand car that was made in the U.S all those profits find their way back to the motherland.
I used to be an import guy several years ago - now my household is 100% GM. Me and my wife are extremely happy with our GM products.

Quick Reply: Ethanol at Pearson Fuel Depot