Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

exhaust options? (pictures!)

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2007, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust options? (pictures!)

Recently I purchased an 07 Southern Comfort Tahoe. With the package was wheels, bodykit, a new paint color and an exhaust tip they have apparently welded on (magnaflow). This leads me to the question what could I do exhaust wise without interfering with the tip they've had installed? Aftermarket muffler? I don't want to do an entirely new exhaust setup due to the way the body kit is setup (the tip they installed fits perfectly under the kit) but I would like a better sound/performance if possible.

thanks,

pictures! (please forgive, the hoe is dirty)

Name:  IMG_2949.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  72.9 KB

Old May 4th, 2007, 12:56 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: exhaust options? (pictures!)

That is an awesome looking Tahoe! Bravo! I especially like the running boards. Sorry, but I don't know squat about exhaust systems, just thought I'd throw you a compliment on your ride.
Old May 4th, 2007, 1:16 PM
CF Active Member

I'm no expert either, but I would think that a good exhaust shop should be able to custom build an exhaust that could use that same tip, in the same location. The Ho looks nice, but I swear in that 2nd pic the white on the mirrors looks a different shade of white than the rest of the truck!
Old May 4th, 2007, 2:29 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: jophilpott

I'm no expert either, but I would think that a good exhaust shop should be able to custom build an exhaust that could use that same tip, in the same location. The Ho looks nice, but I swear in that 2nd pic the white on the mirrors looks a different shade of white than the rest of the truck!
you're actually right. depending on how the lighting/sun hit the vehicle it looks different shades of white. The color is "diamond white" painted by Southern Comfort. It resembles the White Pearl that the Cadillacs have.

thanks for the compliments... I will clean her up good this weekend and take more pictures.
Old May 4th, 2007, 2:43 PM
CF Active Member

What size Wheel/Tire combo are you running?

Roger
Old May 4th, 2007, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: wwotr

What size Wheel/Tire combo are you running?

Roger
305/40 22. The wheels came from Southern Comfort (re-branded I'm sure)
Old May 4th, 2007, 5:12 PM
CF Active Member

Is it lowered?
Old May 5th, 2007, 3:22 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Are you sure the exhaust is stock? Does it have the big, ugly resonator behind the rear wheel? A good shop can replace the stock muffler with an aftermarket one.

BTW: The tip looks in the pic to be very close to the aero pkg and it does get very hot. Might want to keep an eye on it for discoloring [:'(]or melting. []

Good looking truck!
Old May 6th, 2007, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: jophilpott

Is it lowered?
unless they lowered it... no.
Old May 6th, 2007, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Are you sure the exhaust is stock? Does it have the big, ugly resonator behind the rear wheel? A good shop can replace the stock muffler with an aftermarket one.

BTW: The tip looks in the pic to be very close to the aero pkg and it does get very hot. Might want to keep an eye on it for discoloring [:'(]or melting. []

Good looking truck!
I'm only assuming the exhaust is stock due to the sound. I examined the tip and it says "magnaflow" but it seems to be welded on. I don't know what to look for for aftermarket exhaust (visually). I just figured there would be a deeper, constant rumble. It gives a GREAT sound .... when you crank it.

thanks

Quick Reply: exhaust options? (pictures!)