Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Exit Lighting Question....

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2006, 3:57 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exit Lighting Question....

We are loving Tahoe #2 but we have a question for all the people that have the fold away mirrors. These mirrors are equiped with a small light under the bottom that shines downward to see your footing at night. We have reprogramed the DIC numerous times but the light will only light up when you unlock the vehicle using the remote. When you exit the vehicle it won't light up. I was wondering if everybody's 07' Tahoe with these style mirrors performed the same way. Tahoe #1 worked both entering and exiting for a short period until the exiting quit. The Dealership worked on it but they couldn't get it to work either. I have the same mirrors on my 03' Silverado and they work both ways and have never had a problem with them. Is this the way the 07' Tahoes are supposed to work or do we have our first problem? Thanks in advance for any help that y'all may give.

I'm glad to say this is the only thing we have found so far and we are very happy with this vehicle. Our fuel milage is running a 15.8 in mixed driving around town and seems to be improving.
Old November 14th, 2006, 7:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Exit Lighting Question....

When you are testing to see if the lights come on, is it dark? The exit lighting feature only takes effect if it is dark enough. Once you have the settings you want on the DIC, test it at dark or in the garage with the garage light off.
Old November 14th, 2006, 7:47 PM
CF Active Member

Tahoe07
I tried that last night in the garage with all the lights off but it didn't work. I even checked my truck which is parked next to the Tahoe and it worked perfectly. Like I said this isn't a big deal and I could live with it but it seems strange that both new Tahoes won't work. I was just wondering if I may be doing something wrong. I have read the book several times and followed the directions with no luck so far. Thanks for your help anyway.
Old November 15th, 2006, 2:39 AM
CF Beginner

Your not alone mine does the same thing they dont come on when i open the door crazy huh..
Old November 15th, 2006, 4:38 PM
CF Active Member

Thanks VKtahoe
I'm just wondering if anybody else has checked their Hoe's for this malfunction. It's a small thing and most people probably don't even notice.
Old November 15th, 2006, 4:48 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have the dealer reprogram the driver door switch (DDS) and passenger door switch (PDS) using SPS and Pass-Thru method, with updated software calibrations.
Been having some issue with these little guys holding data correctly lately.
Old November 15th, 2006, 9:31 PM
CF Active Member

Will do, thanks Dave. Oh yeah, I was playing around on Google Earth the other night. How's the surfing around Coronado and San Diego?
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't fall for that. Last month he lived in Phoenix. I did look this one up too.
Old November 16th, 2006, 1:34 AM
CF Active Member

Dave must be on the lamb.
Old November 16th, 2006, 1:44 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

I think you mean lam. (I hope)

Quick Reply: Exit Lighting Question....