Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Faulty Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2006, 7:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty Keyless Entry

Hey I just got a new Black/Black 07 Tahoe LTZ with everything but 4WD. I love the truck but Im having a few problems. First is the keyless entry has stopped working on both key fobs. Noticed this last night when my wife was showing off the remote start option. It starts working again temporarily only after you unlock the door with the key, but after you lock the doors with the remote it stops working. Before I go to the dealer tommorow maybe you guys have an answer for this. Also I have a slight high pitch whine through the stereo. When I get in the car I also hear some weird sounds before I start the car sounds like it comes from the dash. Other then these issues I love the car.
Old September 11th, 2006, 8:21 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Faulty Keyless Entry

The ground for the radio might be wrong. As for the remote, it should work. You may want to lock the car with the remote and unlock it. If you use the remote start use it once to start and once again to stop, but don't try to start it again right away. Hopefully that will help.
Old September 11th, 2006, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

I had the same thing with mine, 231 miles, nice huh! No help from the dealer, so I started poking around myself. Pulled the fuse and plugged it back in, made sure all the relays were secure under the hood and I haven't had another problem since. I think it may have had something to do with the relays because the remotes would work after opening the doors with the key. After a short time (maybe a minute or so) they would stop working again. I hope that is all it was.
Old September 12th, 2006, 12:14 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I belive the noise in the dash is coming from you nav unit. I'm not positive, but I definitely hear the noise every time I get in my truck too. I'd say that it is a normal noise.
Old September 12th, 2006, 1:46 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

The noise is the Nav unit spinning up the DVD.
Old September 12th, 2006, 6:01 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

These guys are correct the noise is from your nav unit dvd spin-up and is normal.
The keyless entry problem that you describe may be two bad transmitters, some of the first batch (old stock) of transmitters shipped to GM were faulty and need to be replaced under warranty in reference to #PIC3764J.
This proceedure can be accomplished at the dealer while you wait.
Old September 13th, 2006, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

You were right guys. There is a service buletin as of the 8th about the Keyless entry going into sleep mode. Removing the fuse is the only solution until the update is available for the keyless entry module. The dealer put some white paint on the fuse in which to remove if this happens again. Thanx for the help
Old November 28th, 2006, 12:50 PM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

That RKE problem appears to have reared it's ugly head again. The tech told me the TSB referred to in this thread has been updated on 11/20 and hopefully my problem will be resolved fri. am. I brought it in at about 4:00 pm and that was a little too late.
Old December 9th, 2006, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks,

I have the exact same problem. I have a 2007 yukon denali. After reading your post I pulled the 2amp fuse #34 and then re-installed it. No change. Is that the right fuse? Is there something else I should do?

My dealer is closed today or I would go there. Thanks again.

thunter
Old December 11th, 2006, 7:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at this thread. A couple of posts down there is more info about the key fob issue. If it is not your remotes then they need to reprogram your vehicle. ---The vehicle Serial Data Bus goes to sleep (about 12-15 minutes after power off and last door closed

re-program list

Quick Reply: Faulty Keyless Entry