Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Finaly installed the denali lights

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finaly installed the denali lights

I had to chip a little bit of the denali lights- the bulb housing of my tahoe were a little to big- this was only done for one ( eash housing ) . and for the hids..... i installed a relay just because alotof the members were having problems with there hids. so instead of waiting till the light mess up i went with the relay.
Old March 28th, 2007, 10:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK - looking at your picture, I must say I have the exact same HID kit. It has a different sticker on it that says JDM and is supposedly made in Japan, but all the parts look identical, even the wire colors.

You got a good price as mine were $200 without installation. I have not had any issues so far without a relay.

Do your ballast emit a noise when on? I never had this on my BMWs, all with xenon. These ones have this low whinning noise...
Old March 28th, 2007, 11:28 PM
CF Junior Member

yeah i have the same whine-- yeah i never had that with my beamer also... its funny howi expect the same quality .... but its never the same..lolol
Old March 28th, 2007, 11:30 PM
CF Junior Member

they are all the same kits in my own opinion...

working in a speed shop -- i noticed all the kits come from the same vendors. my uncle was able to to request his own labeling --- his own brand ..lolololol... but the best are the ones that come from japan so i was told.... but a dollars is a dollar---
Old March 29th, 2007, 12:12 PM
davemec

ORIGINAL: didithepest

I had to chip a little bit of the denali lights- the bulb housing of my tahoe were a little to big- this was only done for one ( eash housing ) .
Thanks. So are you saying that you only needed to chip away for one bulb out of the three that go into each Denali housing?
Old March 29th, 2007, 2:45 PM
CF Active Member

So is the outcome that you can buy the Dinali lights and just clip em on?
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:12 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: didithepest

I had to chip a little bit of the denali lights- the bulb housing of my tahoe were a little to big- this was only done for one ( eash housing ) . and for the hids..... i installed a relay just because alotof the members were having problems with there hids. so instead of waiting till the light mess up i went with the relay.
Hey guys, I had a post a long time ago about what you had to modify to get the denali lights to work on our Tahoes.

If you have a utility knife, or anything, dremel etc it is simple. I used a utility knife on mine.

You will use your factory tail lights and wiring. Around the tail lights are little plastic prongs or notches that go into the denali bulb/light housings, you then twist them in place. On the denali tail housing where the bulbs go in, the recessed/cut outs for the prongs on the bulb holders are slightly different, smaller. You will just need to cut, scrape, etc a TINY bit away so you can get the prongs of the light bulb holder in the denali housing. It is simple, much easier to hold in your hands and understand, than try and describe! Just buy them,my 3 year old could have realized the problem. It is like a puzzle that has a piece that didnt fit perfectly, but can easily be adjusted. Took me about 15 minutes to get them both installed.

One other note, the Denali tails have the reverse light in the middle, Tahoe tails are on the bottom. Just make sure you plug them in the right holes in the denali tail light housing!
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:15 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By the way, I got the denali tails of ebay for $80, and I know I have told a few others about this as well and they have purchased from the same seller.

I then sold my tahoe tails on ebay for nearly the exact same price!
Old March 30th, 2007, 2:34 AM
CF Junior Member

yep you told me and i found the guy also... the best 80 dollars i spent so far..
Old March 30th, 2007, 2:35 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Hey guys, I had a post a long time ago about what you had to modify to get the denali lights to work on our Tahoes.
Wasn't that the one that said it was so easy a caveman could do it?

Quick Reply: Finaly installed the denali lights