Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

First car story

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2008, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First car story

My first post here, is about my mom's car, and my first car =] (The reason I'm posting is because I have questions)

So the story is:

Ever since 2003 when my mom bought a new 2004 sport-red Tahoe Z71, I fell in love with Tahoes. Before that, she had a black LT3 'Hoe with a TV in it, and a few black Suburbans before those. But I was little and I didn't pay attention to what my parents drive. Now, I do. Well, aftershe had the2004 Tahoe for a year or so, she traded it for a red 2000 Lincoln Navigator and I was shocked. It had none of the nice features that the Tahoe had and was 4 years older! But after 6 months, in July 2006, she bought a new 2006 NavigatorLimited Editionin black, with every option added but the satellite radio and navigation system. Even though it had all of these nice features, I still loved the Tahoes.

Now, I'm about to be 15 and she still has the Navigator but is eyeing a Z71 Black Tahoe with the tan/black seats that our local Chevy dealership has. I really hope she gets that because I am obsessing over them! Haha. I just felt like sharing that story to explain why I love Tahoes.

But, now on to my car.

My dad's friend is buying his wife a new car of her choice for her birthday, as long as she sells her Tahoe and black Mazda car. Well, my dad offered to buy her Tahoe as soon as she picks out and buys a new vehicle. The specs [that I know of] are:

2002 White Tahoe LT3? [My dad said the highest LT model but IDK what those were back then]
2WD with AutoDrive
Tan interior w/ 3rd party XM radio kit =]
3rd row seat
One owner, clear title.

So that's all I know about it so far, but I'll know more soonbecause we will have it before the end of the month. My dad told me last night that it will be my first car. What really got me is that it's going to be my mom's car for a while. He is going to sell her Navigator and she'll drive my Tahoe until I get old enough to drive it on my own. I guess to get rid of the $700 monthly payment on her Navigator. The good thing is, my parents told me that when it becomes mine,my mom is going to combine the money she saved up + her Navigator money +other extra moneyand get a brand new car, either an LTZ/Z71 Tahoe, a Yukon Denali,or possibly an Escalade=] .

I'm really upset that my dad is wanting my mom to sell her Navigator though. She really loves that car and we've had a lot of fun times in it. But, at least she'd be able to get a new Escalade/Z71/Denali! In my opinion, though, I don't think the Navigator will sell anyways. My dad has never sold any vehicle/property that he's put up for sale. Never. The only time he has ever gotten rid of a perfectly good car was when he traded in a 2006 4Runner Limited to help get a 2007 Tundra. Which I think is ugly. Haha.

I know 99% of this post was about my mom's cars, but I just thought I'd share the whole story on how I'm getting my Tahoe. And if my dad doesn't ask for too little from the Navigator, and he doesn't sell it, I will be really happy =].

Now down to the question I have.

What, in every possible way, can I do to customizemy Tahoe? Personally, if I don't customize it and leave it as-is, I think it looks sorta girly. And I really don't want to drive it to school or around the city like that! I want to have a Tahoe that doesn't look so chic, at least until college, because my dad says he'll be able to get me a brand new Tahoe by then.

So yeah, what are all the customizations for a 2002 LT Tahoe? Even the tiny details count. Also, are there any sites I can look at about this?

Thanks!!
Old January 20th, 2008, 4:04 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts
Default RE: First car story

Zach, welcome to the Tahoe forum. Tell your Dad to use AutoTrader to sell your Mom's Nav. I've had real good luck using them.

There are lots of things you can do to customize it to suit your tastes. Billet grilles, chrome or body color bowties, aftermarket wheels & tires, debadging (removing lettering, emblems, etc), and on & on. Check out someplace like this for ideas: http://www.stylintrucks.com/ Be sure and come back and post some pics when you get it.

Good luck.
Old January 20th, 2008, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks! I will definitely post pics, probably as soon as it gets in the garage! Then of course, after the customization.
Old January 20th, 2008, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

What does the interior look like? There's a certain style that I saw which I really don't like, it looks really outdated. But IDK if that may just be on Tahoe LS models. It's really just the steering wheel and the radio, but can't I switch those parts from like a 2003 Tahoe LT if mine happens to have the interior style I don't like?

Also, can an OEM Factory Overhead DVD player be installed and working in my Tahoe? OEM XM Radio?
Old January 20th, 2008, 5:46 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Not really up on the interiors of the 2000-2006 models except that my wife has a 2004. Don't know if the interiors changed much. I'm sure you could put OEM DVD and XM in if you're handy. Start looking on ebay for deals.
Old January 21st, 2008, 12:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Zach...try CARDOMAIN.COM...you can look at all makes, models, years, etc....of Tahoe's, Nav's or whatever you want...should be able to get a pretty good idea of where to start from there. Good Luck