Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

fob trouble on 2007 Hoe

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2012, 7:37 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea

at least tesla / Fisker have a valid reason for their cars to not work fully... no one has made them before. GM has what? almost 100 years of making cars and they still manage to muck it up?

lol

Build me a car that can tow 7k, goes 300 to the charge, and charges in 1 hour or less, and you will have people lining up if it costs the same or close to a gas one.
Old March 30th, 2012, 9:13 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

I just wished that they had failed on their own dime, same thing for GM and Chrysler.

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl

Build me a car that can tow 7k, goes 300 to the charge, and charges in 1 hour or less, and you will have people lining up if it costs the same or close to a gas one.
You'll need a flux capacitor and they don't make them anymore.
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Newsflash: Automakers make very few of the parts that go into vehicles.

Not sure about the other automakers but I know GM beats their suppliers down to where they can't make a profit on a quality part so they make it cheap enuf to allow them to make some money.

For example the POS Bose system you get was made by GM telling Bose how much they pay them for it and Bose had to supply something at that price point. If you've ever had anything by Bose, you know they can make some good stuff but it ain't cheap.

Probably you and SabrToothSqrl should start your own car company and build a quality Tahoe equivalent for $25K. People will beat your doors down to get them. Probably won't make any money but you can make it up on quantity.
I've been around the car manufacturing industry all my life and I know how they work. I don't expect to buy a 25K Tahoe but for 55K it should have better parts. My point is there are reputable suppliers they can outsource with that are making good products that will hold up. It's because of GM's buying practices those suppliers can't get the orders and stay in business. GM puts the Walmart squeeze on them and says supply for our price or we go somewhere else. So you either find a cheaper way to produce or go bankrupt because you have no business.
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by HoleInOne
I've been around the car manufacturing industry all my life and I know how they work. I don't expect to buy a 25K Tahoe but for 55K it should have better parts. My point is there are reputable suppliers they can outsource with that are making good products that will hold up. It's because of GM's buying practices those suppliers can't get the orders and stay in business. GM puts the Walmart squeeze on them and says supply for our price or we go somewhere else. So you either find a cheaper way to produce or go bankrupt because you have no business.
Exactly what I said.
Old April 1st, 2012, 8:20 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys should keep one thing in mind: For every 2 poeple that have problems and blame it all on GM for making Cheap crap and having lousy quality control, there are thousands like me that have zero complaints. My 07 has been down in the shop for only 2 warranty related items since 07. To top that off, it was built in the Mexico plant where " Allegedly" quality control wasnt that good. so much for that.
Old April 1st, 2012, 9:16 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LTL4life
You guys should keep one thing in mind: For every 2 poeple that have problems and blame it all on GM for making Cheap crap and having lousy quality control, there are thousands like me that have zero complaints. My 07 has been down in the shop for only 2 warranty related items since 07. To top that off, it was built in the Mexico plant where " Allegedly" quality control wasnt that good. so much for that.
Knock on wood, I agree and have only had my 07 in 2x... I have almost 70k and she will be 5yrs old in April I still have the original tires and brakes at this point too I do have the peeling steering wheel, and I have had to replace the drivers side seat back recline handle that was my fault, that's it

I have been very pleased with the reliability of my Tahoe
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here, my steering wheel started to peel so i peeled off all of the remaining material on the sides of the wheel. no big deal. In a total of 85,600 miles i have had 2 issues: an emission control problem and the last was 3 broken exhaust manifold studs all taken care of by warranty. Not to bad for a 5 year old vehicle with 85,600 miles made south of the Border!