Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

white hoe vs black hoe

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2007, 9:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white hoe vs black hoe

thinking of trading in my black tahoe for white need everyones opinion i love this tahoe but need to much attention on black. not just that but i think it looks too black all my windows are limo and the truck looks nice all black but ive seen some white ones and they look nice too plus all the trims stand out very nice even the fenderwell looks nice on white. i have an lt3 almost like the ltz i think im missing the air ride only .
also i went to the dealer and some hoes had the electric running boards that come out when you open the door etc. and they are 07 ??? if i do trade it in i will wait on the 08 please give me some feed back on black vs white i like both
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: white hoe vs black hoe

If I had to do it over again I would get white. Its easier to wax, stay cooler in the summer, and does not show scraches as easily. I do have to say though that nothing is sharper than a clean and freshly waxed black vehicle (But it only lasts for a day or two).
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
CF Junior Member

I do have to say though that nothing is sharper than a clean and freshly waxed black vehicle (But it only lasts for a day or two)
so true
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:42 AM
CF Junior Member

I used to only buy black SUVs... they looked amazing for the first few hours after a wash and wax... then i'd drive around and it'd look dirty again. Now i have a white 07, it still gets dirty quick... but it's much easier to wash, you never have to worry about water spots if you don't dry it quick enough down here in the florida sun. With black, i'd wash it, then by the time i'd dry it, there were waterspots everywhere. I say go for the white... i love it
Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:02 PM
CF Senior Member

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago, till I bought the white one. I really wanted black, but I knew a few years down the raodwith washing the truck would really take a toll on the paint and show the swirel marks.

White will stay clean for two to three days, black will stay clean for two to three blocks.

I have the power boards on mine and think they look better then the stock boards and love the "Oh****" effect that everyone has when they open the door.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
CF Active Member

Yep, have to agree with everyone. Black looks awesome but it is hard to keep it clean. I go off-road a lot and black just would not do. I have a white Z71 and love the contrast with the tinted windows.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 1:47 PM
CF Junior Member

man id hate to do the wrong choice i love black but hate the maintenance. could everyone that has a white hoe share pictures with me to convince me on the swap thanks for your input hope we get some pictures thanks
Old May 23rd, 2007, 2:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also have a white Z71. which i traded my black 03 yukon for.

black made me into a detail fanatic. i had to buy a wall unit from Lowe's just to hold all the products in my garage. bottles. cans. squeeze tubes. towels. brushes. sponges. not to mention the shop vac and porter cable. i probably averaged 4 hours of labor every Sat morning.

now, i'm not so obsessed. getting the white tahoe has been like relaxation therapy. i still keep her clean of course. but i'm not on my hands and knees looking for water spots anymore. white is defintely more functional, especially in the long run.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 4:48 PM
CF Junior Member

id put my own black hoe on here but dont know how. that white tahoe sure looks nice
Old May 23rd, 2007, 4:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Mix them together! Be like me and get SILVER BIRCH!

Quick Reply: white hoe vs black hoe