Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Fog lights always on 02 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2007, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fog lights always on 02 Tahoe

I would like to not have to push the little button everytime. I like having the fog lights on. Is that ok?
Old October 2nd, 2007, 9:25 AM
davemec

ORIGINAL: 73shark

And you want to do this because ??
Why does this matter to you? Let him do the mods that he wants to do, it's his Tahoe.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 9:11 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Just trying to understand why I see all of these folks driving around with their foglites on inCAVU conditions. That's all.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Because I like the way they look.
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:33 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 99 SLP#24

Because I like the way they look.
LOL exactly its all about the looks, Like allls I did was take a test light and poke the wires going into the headlight, untill I found the park lights, cut the power wire on the fog lights and splice it to this one....then when you click the park lights switch these will come on as well.OR replace the switch with one that stays one all the time, BUT you would have to run a relay to you fuse panel so it would shut off when you shut the truck off....find a open fuse that does not have power when the truck is off....

I wire my off road lights this way, so when I turn the Jeep on, they are powered all the time, but should I forget to hit the switch as soon as I tunr the Jeep off all the power to them is lost as well. and they go out,

you can try it if you want, its not a big deal, but some people dont like splicing wires and **** on their new rigs.....I got my NEON wired on my car the same, to a switch and the fuse panel, so in case I forget the switch when I get out when the car is turned off they go out anyhow.
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:51 AM
CF Beginner

I might try hooking them into the parking lights. Not sure yet. I wonder if you can change the programing in the computer. The fans on my SS stay on for 2 minutes after I turn the car off thanks to some computer tweaking. Maybe there is way to do that.
Old May 24th, 2021, 4:19 PM
CF Beginner

I know it's been a few years, but, since I am looking for the same thing, I figured this is a good place to post what I found:

GM Auto Fogs Mods for 1999-2021 Silverado and Sierra
https://boostautoparts.com/products/...33014985883783

Note that it works for many other models and their page has all the details and links to YouTube videos for the installation. Simple and no cutting for those that don't want to make any major changes but have this function.