fuel fill up problems - Page 4 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel fill up problems

Old October 15th, 2017, 6:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by domdes View Post
When the dealer replaced my fuel pump/sending unit, that's when the fueling problem started. The dealer has since replaced the canister and the selinoid.
No luck with fueling. Now I get a P0455 code. Makes no sense. Any ideas? I think the dealer should drop the tank
My truck goes back to the dealer tomorrow. I asked them to drop the tank. Hopefully they will fix it this time.
Old October 15th, 2017, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

Musky Hunter 67. Did you ever resolve your issue? I'm having same issue and replaced the vent solenoid first (didnt fix), followed by the vent canister. My canister was faulty and filled my vent lines with charcoal bits. I blew out the lines attached to the canister and put the new canister on which still didnt resolve my issue. Not sure what to try next.
Old April 16th, 2018, 2:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default Has anyone resolved this problem after replacing vent valve & charcoal canister?

Originally Posted by Michael Sprague View Post
Musky Hunter 67. Did you ever resolve your issue? I'm having same issue and replaced the vent solenoid first (didnt fix), followed by the vent canister. My canister was faulty and filled my vent lines with charcoal bits. I blew out the lines attached to the canister and put the new canister on which still didnt resolve my issue. Not sure what to try next.
Having same issue on 2006 Sub. I am suspecting the small hose that runs from the top of the filler neck to the top of the tank. An ex chevy Tech told me this is how the gas pump gets it's pressure reading, through the air path from the tank up this hose to the filler neck. That makes sense, if the fill tube is full of gas pumping at a high rate, the tank pressure won't be felt back up the fill tube. I noticed there is a plastic fitting half way down that tube to the tank, is that a check valve?? Maybe it is stuck?
Old April 16th, 2018, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default fuel issues

No, my issues are not solved.
I took it back to the dealer and they didn't have enough time to figure it out.
Old April 19th, 2018, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sjdave View Post
Having same issue on 2006 Sub. I am suspecting the small hose that runs from the top of the filler neck to the top of the tank. An ex chevy Tech told me this is how the gas pump gets it's pressure reading, through the air path from the tank up this hose to the filler neck. That makes sense, if the fill tube is full of gas pumping at a high rate, the tank pressure won't be felt back up the fill tube. I noticed there is a plastic fitting half way down that tube to the tank, is that a check valve?? Maybe it is stuck?
I'm not sure if you mean the disconnect close to the tank, it kinda looks like a plastic fitting, but there is no valve there, it's how that small line gets disconnected from the tank line. When i tore mine apart, there was a brass piece near the top of that small line, where it connects to the filler neck. I can't call it a check valve, it was more like a restricting device, just a small hole in a brass plug. I replaced that vent line with new material, and I did not put the brass piece back in. I still had fuel-up issues.
My problem was eventually determined to be the lines that run above the tank, but I replaced just about everything before I discovered that.
Anyway, now the truck has no issues at all, but that little brass piece is still sitting on the workbench. whatever it was designed to do doesn't seem to have much impact.