Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

fuel pump wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2019, 3:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default fuel pump wiring harness

1997 Suburban k1500 4WD 5.7 L :

Just purchased a Spectra Premium fuel pump (MFG # SP123A1H ) to install as a replacement in the above vehicle.
This R/R job was done before by an unknown auto shop as I can see that the wiring loom has been modified : not at the pump location ,but rather approx one foot away.
The wiring was previously cut and spliced into 3 separate butt joint connectors at the frame rail area in the previous R/R.
That might help me as I now have some extra length of wiring in the circuit as I just cut the wiring loom very close to the fuel pump.

My goal :
To preserve the existing wiring extension ( approx one foot length) that reaches from the butt joint splices to the top of the fuel pump / sending unit assembly and add in the mating black plastic 3 prong connector.
I figure that will provide an extra 12 inches of wiring as wiggle room.

The new Spectra Premium pump has a female 3 inlet connector plus an additional wire with an eyelet for a separate ground connection.

Issue :
Where can I purchase the corresponding mating male connector to attach the the 3 free standing wires that need to to connect to the fuel pump assembly from the frame side of the wiring schematic?
Advance Auto = struck out.
Internet Google search for Spectra Premium connection= struck out.

I usually see lots of splice -in connectors in the auto parts stores for trailer hitch wiring.
I figured that I could easily buy the mating male connector to the female connector that comes with the Spectra Premium model SP123A1H fuel pump.
I was incorrect in my thinking.

I am trying to attach a photo of the Spectra Premium SP123A1H model female wiring harness plus the grounding eyelet.

Need to find the mating connector for this connector from Spectra Premium fuel pump
Old July 22nd, 2019, 4:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Found it at CarQuest ( part of Advance Auto $20 ) .