Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:52 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

Full cat-back vs muffler upgrade

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2007, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Full cat-back vs muffler upgrade

With the resonator still on, I am not noticing much difference...especially anytype of rasping(farting)...I just ordered the tip today, which list at $147... on eBay and amazon for 85-90... from parts peddler for $69, delivered...They've already shipped and should be here on the 12th... I'll take some picks and put them up so you can see... I went with the Magnaflow 35171, it's an oval,8.5 inch tip, double walled... Still can't decide if I should go with the side mount orthe back mount... any thoughts guys???
Old June 7th, 2007, 6:28 PM
CF Junior Member

i
Old June 7th, 2007, 6:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Champagne
I like the side exit look on my tahoe.... personal preference but i think side exit looks better symetrically speaking. I have a Magnaflow brand oval single wall 7.5" tip. I had the installer run the original exhaust pipe all the way to the rollbackpointon the tip...(sort of a poor man's double wall tip). I think the reason I paid slightly less than you is the single wall on the tip. I am very pleased with the look and sound.

Big D
Old June 7th, 2007, 8:27 PM
CF Beginner

Blue is stock 07 Tahoe with 200 miles, red is CAI, Headers, Catback at 330 miles.
Old June 7th, 2007, 8:39 PM
e
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: Hop1

Blue is stock 07 Tahoe with 200 miles, red is CAI, Headers, Catback at 330 miles.
6hp 5ft lbs......wow not very impressive........no offense......i notice no tuner here in the list of mods. i think this would improve these numbers alot...
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

Did all the bolt-ons first. Like to see what the gains are "prior" to what "they" say. I do like the way it sounds from the intake to the exhaust and the price for the parts where not bad compared to other vehicles. I do custom tuning and will be tuning this vehicle. Already have a lot of logs from dyno runs and city vs highway runs. I have noticed that GM is very conservative with the amount of timing they give their vehicles and especially the new 5.3 LMG motors. One thing to remember when doing these mods is that a simple CAI can change your VE table and it will take some time to see gains after LTFT's have been reset so the computer can re adapt to the mods. The dyno enclosed is a simple bolt on and go, and you can see that you think you got gains right off the bat but in all actuality you didn't, not until re-adaption has happened.

Old June 8th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Unless I'm reading the graph wrong, it looks like it's running richer after mods. Will the adaptation take care of that or will it need programming?