Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

General Suburban question

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2006, 6:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General Suburban question

hi, i think about buying a subruban in norway. maybe someone could help me with my questions?

1. whats the maximum mileage a 1988 suburban can have (depends, i know...just about)?
2. how many liters diesel will the car use when i drive it normally (city and some highways etc)?
3. any general failures that the 1988 model has?
4. are the spare parts around or being produced by chevrolet?

i hope someone can help me with that .

thanks in advance
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: General Suburban question

mørketid, without some info on the truck you're looking at, i can only say that;

1) the mileage has to be taken into consideraton with how well the truck was maintained (ask for any copies of repairs done to the truck, service logs kept, who the previous owners may be,etc.)

2) your mileage will vary according to your driving habits/style. if you live in the mountains, the altitude will change your fuel consumption compared to living down in the valleys, never mind all the hills you'll be driving over.

3)general failures? i'm not sure......the 6.2L is a good, stong motor, but again, it all depends on how well it was maintained. personally, i would say the transmission would be the 'general failure' the truck might have (again see the comments about maintenance)

4)spare parts may be harder to find for that truck in Norway, but if you've found one for sale, there's a good chance there will be more around. if you do buy the truck, and want a list of the options ordered on the truck, email me, and i'll look into it for you. i hope this will help you out somewhat and good luck.