Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GM PARTS DIRECT

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2007, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM PARTS DIRECT

Has anyone bought anything from GM Parts Direct, perhaps rims. I Found a pair of 20" rims that i am interested in but the deal seems to good to be true?
Old November 13th, 2007, 11:03 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GM PARTS DIRECT

I bought my floor mats, bug deflector, and mud flaps from them. I didn't have any problems with them and saved some money on genuine factory accessories for my '07 Tahoe.
Old November 13th, 2007, 11:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good folks from my experience.
Old November 14th, 2007, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

good people.... i have ordered stuff from there.... but also try p and g chevy (google it, i cant remember the link) p and g usually are a little cheaper......
try https://www.partszoneonline.com/index.php for p and g.....

Edited by engine2 to fix hot link for you
Old November 14th, 2007, 4:28 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found with GM Parts Direct, the part price is ususally lower than other OEM GM parts website, but the shipping "and handling" fee gets you. You should compare that P&G link (lose the "s" off of "https" in that link above) and see if their shipping cost is lower than GMPD.
Old November 15th, 2007, 12:05 PM
CF Active Member

I would also call P&G directly from their site and talk to someone to negotiate the lowest possible shipping price to your location. They are great to work with and are simply a Chevy dealer that sells GM factory parts lower than anyone else.
Old November 16th, 2007, 7:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GMparts direct is also a dealer selling at nearly invoice. I checked P and G and found the prices to be very similar. Some were more and few were lower. The search is alot tougher on P and G
Old December 15th, 2007, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

How these online parts dealers can sell the deep discount parts than the local dealers ?
Are the partsthe same OEM parts ?
Old December 16th, 2007, 8:42 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: catia420

How these online parts dealers can sell the deep discount parts than the local dealers ?
Are the partsthe same OEM parts ?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but pricing from GM is based on volume as well as invoice price. I used to be in the parts business, and my busier clients got a larger % off the products they bought from me. So these dealers, instead of charging the normal price, are sharing the discount with you, which should generate more business for them, so they are still making good cash. The handling fee helps them as well.

paul
Old December 16th, 2007, 9:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On most parts I take a print out of the GMpartsdirect page with me and my dealer matches. He likes to haggle up a little because with ....direct I will pay shipping. He likes to match the shipped price. That's when I mention the 6% tax at dealer. We meet in the middle. I still save and I know I can return and exchange if necesary.

Moral is... The dealer price is way above his actual price they pay. Some sell close to or at invoice and make a little on sale and/or "extra" shipping costs.

Quick Reply: GM PARTS DIRECT