Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GM Parts Quality

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2009, 8:57 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy GM Parts Quality

Aren't both sides of this supposed to be 'level' or strait across? one side is up above the rubber trim piece, the other side below! is any one else's like this? I have to drop it off at the dealer... 09 bought brand new with what is now a list of 6 things that need addressed... 1400 miles and its been back to the dealer more times than my 14 year old one
Attached Thumbnails GM Parts Quality-dsc00040-copy.jpg  
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

squirrel plezzz.......

Its mass production... fine craftsmanship is for the Maybach's , ferrari's and RR's
You will need to add another $200K to your Tahoe for that kind of detail....
Old May 26th, 2009, 1:11 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Just push the rubber thing down until its level.
Old May 26th, 2009, 1:15 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two friends each with a BMW 333-something or other. The one has been back 3 times for a rear window problem, warped rotors, and suspension problems. The was just told the slight knocking problem when it's cold requires pulling the engine, and replacing crankshaft......it's out of warranty.....$11,000. He warming it up and driving to a Mazda dealership and trading it for a 6. If you look a little bit, the grass ain't green over there...
Old May 26th, 2009, 1:15 PM
CF Addict

Default fit & finish

the trim on a $20,000 Maza Tribute fits better...

It's on the list; but not a huge item. the GPS voice commands not working, window breaking noise, rattles, and onstar red light are more of a concern.

I just wondered if it was wide spread.

I did try to push the plastic trip down / up to get the sides to match... but wow... its just... wow...

the underside / suspension I give high marks to!
Old May 26th, 2009, 1:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have friend with a new 700-series BMW that keeps dying without notice in the middle of the road and BMW has not been too willing to make it right.
Old May 26th, 2009, 1:58 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Whats "its wow" mean? What does it do when you push on it?
Old May 26th, 2009, 8:23 PM
CF Addict

Default wow

wow as in... 'this made it past quality control'... (yes I'm a bit of a perfectionist)

no sound, it looks like it was just molded wrong.

I dropped it off and of course couldn't get it to make the driver's door rattle AND the damn GPS navigation thing worked 100%.
apparently all it takes is a GM employee sitting in the passenger seat and it works.

OR I think the times that it has worked I've turned off then on the radio. (I will call and let them know this, hoping to narrow down the issue)

Normally you don't turn a car radio / GPS 'off'... but the 2 times I recall it worked i turned the radio off / on...

but the OnStar light was red, and it did make the scraping noise with the right rear window.

as for the back end, I showed him, he agreed it looked wrong, I said I wasn't too worried; but I didn't have a chance to look at another Tahoe on the lot since the service lot is far from new lot... but I will still check it out...

I got a Impala LT with 15,000 on it as loaner from Enterprise. This thing's been beat harder than a red headed step child... I don't know why red headed; but I heard it somewhere and people laughed.

The inside smells like $hit, the wheel and all controls are sticky, the cloth seats are crap, I wanted to vomit when I got in it, I had to open all the windows in the rain it smelled so bad.

the controls for the temps driver + pass move t0o easily, so small adjustments are impossible, the seats are NOT comfortable, its just in all... crap...
the mirrors are too small. a 4 speed automatic?! what is this 1956?! the radio was designed by the special needs group (or for)... huge obnoioux buttons and NO XM!

The crappyness of this car is why GM is going under (and other obvious reasons) I wanted the Mazda 6 or Yaris on the lot... at least something fun or new... this was just crap coated crap of a car... it DID however make me feel really good about my Tahoe and just how much better it was, and although it was a crap load of money, it does have a lot of nice things... the Tahoe is just a nice place to be... traffic or 80 MPH I think my heart actually beats slower in the Tahoe...

Ohh and spotting a cute girl as I was leaving the crafts store (for another tahoe project) I get into my beat-to-hell Impala vs my black Tahoe LTZ... FML. lol

Sorry for the rant, maybe we need a 'crappy rental car' thread

I just want my Tahoe back!
Old May 27th, 2009, 9:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think ur just being picky
Old May 27th, 2009, 1:01 PM
CF Addict

I agree I am being picky; but in this price range I think I can be...

I got a call back; the bluetooth thing needs replaced and the right rear window something is being replaced, with parts over nighted. Crap I forgot to ask about the dor trim.... ugh, another fun day with the POS impala... no wonder cops in PA pull people over, they are ticked about their cars!