Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GM Suprises no one by risking a child's life, since you didn't pay for DeathStar.

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
the title of this thread should be: mother leaves child locked in car because she is to cheap to replace a window, or pay for a lock out service. Somehow it GM's fault?
While on a vacation in Yellowstone a couple of years back, some folks did lock there keys in there rental car ( A GM vehicle with OnStar), I used my Onstar to contact OnStar and they were able to remotely unlock the car for the family... None of our phones would get reception but OnStar did... The guy had to have $40 bucks added to his rental bill, but the point is they were able to do it...

Was the rental company already paying to have OS enabled, I don't know..
Old March 30th, 2013, 1:42 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Give us your $9.99 or the baby dies.

I'm 1/2 tempted to call OnStar and ask about there child killing policy.
I should prolly charge you for a replacement keyboard. I lol'd so much the old lady thought I lost my mind.

Originally Posted by in2pro
So if you don't subscribe and for what ever reason you need immediate assistance and you do press the OS button will they help you or ask for a credit card first?
I would almost bet they would.

Originally Posted by in2pro
OnStar, you would do well to offer a small one time a year fee to keep the system active and then go with a "pay per use" or just a "accident monitoring mode" I'd be willing to pay $10 to $25 a year for that service...

It could be paid up front too for say 5-7 years...
That makes too much sense AND not enough profit I'm sure.

Originally Posted by tech2
If my kid was locked in my car and it was a crisis; I wouldn't have to debate with tow-truck drivers, cops or on-star...the window would be smashed.
I know right? I don't know why people think they can't get thru glass. If a childs life depends on it I'm sorry I'll defeat a window or door in a hot second.
Old April 1st, 2013, 8:15 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea

I call BS on that DeathStar. You can illegally listen in to our in car conversations, I'm damn sure you can unlock a door.

Also, the vehicle 'locked on it's own' as reported by the owner.

I'm sure this isn't the first GM to do that.

And no, the DeathStar will not help you when you crash, without the blood money first, even though the vehicle has all the tech it needs to.
Old April 1st, 2013, 9:52 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I call BS on that DeathStar. You can illegally listen in to our in car conversations, I'm damn sure you can unlock a door.

Also, the vehicle 'locked on it's own' as reported by the owner.

I'm sure this isn't the first GM to do that.

And no, the DeathStar will not help you when you crash, without the blood money first, even though the vehicle has all the tech it needs to.
Tech your forced to buy with the vehicle, it's actual use for an additional charge... lol