Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Is this a good deal

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2007, 1:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and am looking at purchasing an 07 tahoe. The LS2 that my dealer is trying to get me into msrp's for $41,644 and the are trying to tell me the best they can do is $39,650 and then give me the $2000.00 rebate to bring the total price of the vehicle down to $37,650. $2000 off msrp just doesn't sound like it should be as low as they will go. I'm very interested in what all of you think I should be geting off msrp. I need to act soon or they won'tgive methe $2000 rebate.
Old January 31st, 2007, 1:40 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Is this a good deal

The 2000 grand rebate is good as long as the rebates are going on. I think until around the 5th, but I didnt look. You need to know this so you can see when the rebates change.

I personally would get some more price quotes. I know that I could get a much better deal from my local dealer. I would try to get that vehicle at least 6k under MSRP after rebates. Good Luck.
Old January 31st, 2007, 1:48 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks so much for your reply my gut feeling says the deal sucks but it's nice to have some reassurance. Oh and one other thing the salesman wants to show me thier invoice on it, but does that mean that's what they paid for it or are they just trying to fool me. By the way I live in california if that makes any difference.
Old January 31st, 2007, 1:51 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a website you can go to and find out the invoice price. I dont know it though. I think it was on a previous thread a while back. I am sure someone will respond with more details or their opinion. From my experience, I have never purchased a new 40k vehicle and only recieved 2k off MSRP. I understand you are getting the rebate, but the dealer just coming off 2k doesnt impress me.

Anyone else?
Old January 31st, 2007, 2:24 AM
CF Active Member

I believe you could get a much better deal than that. I would shoot for at least $6000.00 below invioce. I dont know how many dealers are in your area, just hit as many dealers as possible. Play them against each other and walk away from all of them that same day. Leave your number with them, they will call you even after they told you theres no way they can do your deal.
All dealers pay the same price for they vehicle. Some have different destination charges, set up fees, taxes ect..

I like to find the dealer adds, they call them lost leader adds. You know one or three at this price. Now look at the options on that car and add the price of the options on the vehicle you want. the total of those two is what the dealer can sell that vehicle to you for, if they really want to. They probably wont make much money off it but they can do it if they want to.

Dealers get other incentives back from the factory that we, the public, could never figure out.
Now mind you my Tahoe was a demo with 400 and some miles. But sticker was 36,965.00 I got it for 28,500. I could of got a brand new one with 10 miles on it from another dealer for 28,950 (same sticker).I did not like the color of the interior.

Hope this helps.
Old January 31st, 2007, 3:39 AM
CF Active Member

You can definitely get a better deal than that. My hoe was listed MSRP at around 41000, I ended up getting it for 34,500 after a 2000 dollar rebate. I shopped about 8 dfiferent dealers for a little over a weak and finally found the deal I wanted. Just keep being persistent and go to www.edmunds.com and get the information you want and print it out and carry it with you to the dealer.
Old January 31st, 2007, 6:43 AM
CF Beginner

i got mine 7000 off msrp back in november i went to small chevy dealership they had to move vehicles or they werent getting allocations.. try to buy ur vehicle end of the month because they usually have goal or expection for that month. dealership always sell at there cost to meet there goal for the month...
Old January 31st, 2007, 8:38 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cuda
Go to Kelly Blue books web sitewww.kbb.combuild your truck and get the invoice price.Then subtractthe rebates and that will give you a number to start your negotiation.
Good luck
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

edmunds.com is also a great resource for invoice and average going prices. Invoice is around 10% off msrp.
Old January 31st, 2007, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

i like CARSDIRECT.COM. Good place for quick pricing.

They quoted me $32k for a 2007 LS, and I got a lost-leader from the dealership this last Sunday for $27,995. It was such a good deal, that we had to buy it. Great dealership and the finance guys gave the truck away. I believe it was 30,006.xx then the $2k from chevy, and they took off something else (price corrected) to get it to the Sunday paper price of $27,995.

Push for that price!

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal