Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Is this a good deal

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2007, 3:02 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this a good deal

Don't make it part of your negotiation but you should know that the dealership gets a dealer holdback. On the Tahoe it is 3% of the MSRP.The only time I mentioned it during my deal was when the finance guy showed me the computer screen and said, "Look...we're losing money on this deal."

My response "You know and I know that you're not gonna sell a vehicle and lose money on the deal. I know youhave a 3% dealer holdback so don't treat me like some kind of idiot. You're making money and I'm getting the deal I wanted. If you don't like the terms then don't do the deal." He shut up pretty quick after that.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incent...ack/index.html
Old January 31st, 2007, 6:49 PM
DEI
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is this a good deal

You can get a better deal. I got 16% off of the sticker price, $200 in gift cards for gas, and mud flaps and a bug shield installed by the time all was said and done. Do some internet shopping of your local dealers and get some quotes e-mailed to you. They'll usually give you a good price to start dealing with. They say it's their best deal but, they will go lower. As far as the rebate, I'd bet that it would get extended again. Good Luck!