Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Goodbye to all the problems

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2008, 5:53 PM
jsm
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye to all the problems

Got my 07 Yukon XL Jan2/08. Traded it in March 15/08 for a BRAND NEW 07 Sienna XLE allwheel drive. Hopefully no more ****ling problems like: holes in windshield washer tubes, distortions in windshield glass, lifter noise at start-up, noisy engine, noisy exhaust and drone, lousy FM radio reception, and inferior BOSE stereo. My first new import ever, thanks to GM. Oh yeah, and no more hood dents to look at either. GM should make this aQUIET vehicle from the factory like it used to be years ago, and let people make it noisy if they choose to rather than the opposite. There's a whole industry out there that knows how to make it loud, but almost nobody knows how to make it quiet at these places. Noise gets to you after a few hours on the highway!
Old March 19th, 2008, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Goodbye to all the problems

That sucks man. Good luck, I have seen plenty of problems with imports. Also, how can you feel like a man while driving a minvan? Minivans suck.
Old March 19th, 2008, 7:10 PM
CF Active Member

Don't listen to him, good luck with the new vehicle
Old March 19th, 2008, 8:04 PM
jsm
CF Beginner

Bought the Yukon to go to cottage on weekends, and tow boat occasionally, but always drove minivans before. 03 Venture bought new was the best so far, and almost zero problems in 5 years use. Yukon was a BIG disappointment. Besides, my other car is a Deville, and that's good enough for us!
Old March 19th, 2008, 8:09 PM
jsm
CF Beginner

Thanks for the best wishes. Got lots of good answers in this forum from some good folks, but my confidenence in the future was shot with Yukon as I need a dead reliable vehicle for the high miles that I drive, especially in the winter up to Georgian Bay.
Old March 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
CF Junior Member

It's unfortunate you had so many problems. My 2007 Tahoe LTZ, bought new in September 2006, is now at 41,000 miles and I have had zero problems. It is by far the best GM vehicle I have ever bought - and I have owned 19-20 of them over the past 25 years.

Every brand has it's good and bads. Hopefully the Sienna will measure up. Do you have enough towing capacity for your boat? I have to admit, if not for boats, jetskis and snowmobiles I probably wouldn't be driving a full-frame SUV either, at least not one that weights 6000 pounds and gets 14-15 MPG.
Old March 21st, 2008, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

I can't wait to get rid of my 2007 suburban. It's so uncomfortable. This car has no legroom for anyone tall. Since october 2006 I've put 89,000 miles on it and the resale value is way down. This car is sized for girls.
Old March 25th, 2008, 1:28 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: jsm

Got my 07 Yukon XL Jan2/08. Traded it in March 15/08 for a BRAND NEW 07 Sienna XLE allwheel drive. Hopefully no more ****ling problems like: holes in windshield washer tubes, distortions in windshield glass, lifter noise at start-up, noisy engine, noisy exhaust and drone, lousy FM radio reception, and inferior BOSE stereo. My first new import ever, thanks to GM.
Good luck with that!

ORIGINAL: mitch1340

I can't wait to get rid of my 2007 suburban. It's so uncomfortable. This car has no legroom for anyone tall. Since october 2006 I've put 89,000 miles on it and the resale value is way down. This car is sized for girls.
[sm=WTFsgign.gif]