Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Had tahoe for two weeks,already damaged!!

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2007, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had tahoe for two weeks,already damaged!!

So I am newbie here but I need somewhere to vent. I've had my Hoe' for two weeks and today it got hit!! I take the train to work so I don't even drive to work and this was my first time bringing it to my job. This is my third time I've driven it including when I drove it off the lot.I parked it in the company garage and I was going to go to lunch with some of my coworkers and one of them noticed a scratch on the bumper. I was so pissed!! The car that parked next to mine hit my car when they were parking. I went to the building manager and explained to him what had happened. He found out who hit my car and had her called me. She gave me this sob story about how she feels like a criminal for not telling anyone. I was still pissed so I told her that I was going to take it to body shop and get it fixed and she had to pay for the damages. Needless to say I am pissed right now no matter what!![]

I learned my lesson, don't bring my car to work bacause some idiot will hit it!!!
Old October 26th, 2007, 6:21 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Had tahoe for two weeks,already damaged!!

She should feel like a criminal. In most states, that's considered a hit and run (just ask Britney Spears). ;-)
Old October 26th, 2007, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

I had mine for less than 30 minutes and a rock shattered the tail light. Somethings you can't avoid. Good luck with the Tahoe!
Old October 26th, 2007, 11:40 PM
CF Active Member

The first night i had mine, my rear corner bumper was scratched. I was parked in the street and someone must have hit me whole i was parked and drove off. Then I have now managed to scratch up the front bumper...I was pulling into a spot in the airport, and of course there is a little concrete colum there not even visable that managed to scatch my bumper up. Then recently, I took it to out for a little off roading and managaed to rip my front license plate holder off...not to big a deal, i was pissed at first, but i figure its the price im going to pay for taking it off road (to steep of an approach angle).
Old October 30th, 2007, 8:13 PM
CF Active Member

We had ours about a month and my wife was T Boned, had to replace the entire driver side sheet metal(fenders and doors)and a new front wheel and tire. The cool thing, my daughter was in the back seat watching a DVD, never knew it even happened!
Old October 30th, 2007, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

We have had our Hoe for almost a month and we now have a cracked winshield from road debris, and managed to hit a deer. So on top of the truck and insurance payments, we now have to pay the insurance deductible to have the repairs done
Old October 30th, 2007, 10:50 PM
CF Beginner

I just have hit somebody in the rear insurance paid 2500 for new bumper and paint labor new billet grill headlights 1 month in the shop and rental insurace coverage from my own 500.00 deductible plus 200 for rental insurance for a sierra GMC
Old October 31st, 2007, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

Hi All.......where is the best place to get a drivers side tail light? My car was parked in front of my apartment buildinga few days agowhen a the fire department arrived for some non-emergency related issue. These guys are not the most careful people when it comes to taking equipment out of their truck. They managed to put a nice crack in my driver side tail light and then denied the entire thing.
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:51 AM
CF Junior Member

on my 1month anniversary of my truck. i jus found a 3inch horizontal dent which is the width of the flaired part.

on top of that...a nice zigzag hair line scratch. perfect for a black tahoe.

SON-UVA-#$%# !!!!!!!!! jus ruined my whole weekend or month or til whenever i can get that repaired.
Old November 1st, 2007, 2:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dzonen,
Here is a left side light on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08...QQcmdZViewItem

I also have a set of Denali talis for sale. $150 shipped

[IMG]local://upfiles/3763/224078A4139B4978877288C2647CCB1C.jpg[/IMG]