Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Has anyone installed the GM Accessories heated seats in their 07+?

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2009, 9:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed the GM Accessories heated seats in their 07+?

My dealer wants $635 for the install and the kit itself normally retails for $400 but GM Parts Direct has the kit for $290. The only real advantage to having the dealer do it is that it would be covered under the vehicle warranty, so I'm still considering that option.

I'm wondering what is involved in the install? Besides installing the heating elements and the new door controls I wonder is all the wiring between the door and the seat already there for control so you are just plugging into harnesses on each end, or will new wires have to be run between each location?

If someone has done this and has the instructions or has access to the instructions and can scan them I'd love to take a look at them.
Old September 9th, 2009, 8:55 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta be careful when ordering KITS from GMpartsdirect.com. you may have to go back and order other components which may put you over the price of the dealer. There may have to be changes in the BCM (body control module) also. Personally, I would spend the extra $110 and let everything fall on the dealer's mechanics.
Old September 9th, 2009, 9:13 PM
CF Junior Member

It's an extra $345.

But your concerns are exactly why I'd like to see the instructions first to see if there are any gotchas that I couldn't DIY.

Last edited by snowjay; November 27th, 2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old November 27th, 2009, 10:15 AM
CF Junior Member

Just a bump...

The dealership isn't getting back to me in regards to having the seat heaters installed. I just don't feel like dealing with them any more and just assume to install them myself.

Maybe there is a dealer tech or someone in the parts dept that can get a copy of the instructions for me to look at. If a Tech2 is required that's no problem as I know of someone who has one.
Old November 28th, 2009, 9:06 AM
CF Junior Member

depending on where you live there may be a few places that can do the install for you....had a local place do the heated seats in a few cars with no issues
Old December 1st, 2009, 10:45 PM
CF Active Member

In order to have heated seats it will depend on your model. LS models will have to replace seats, door switches, AND will have to find a dealer willing to flash the BCM and door switches. Finding a dealer willing to do this is another story.

If your model has heated seats as an option (LT2, maybe LT1), then it 'should' be a matter of wiring the seats to the door switch and having the dealer do the flash.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 6:46 AM
CF Junior Member

I have an LT2 and I have someone with a TechII that can do the flash w/o me having to go to the dealer. I really want to know what the physical install is like. Will the seat covers come off w/o having to remove the seats? Does the factory harness have provisions in the door and under the seat for the heaters already? Or am I running a new harness between them?
Old December 2nd, 2009, 8:15 PM
CF Active Member

LT2 should have the provisions in the door and under the seat if you have leather seats.
Cloth seats do not come with the heat option.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 9:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks, I do have the leather seats.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 4:57 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I seriously doubt that you can remove the covers w/o first removing the seats.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed the GM Accessories heated seats in their 07+?