Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Heater and AC Controls

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2012, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater and AC Controls

Hello,

I've been cruising this site from time to time and found very useful info regarding my 2004 Suburban. However, this time, I can't seem to find any info on what I'm about to ask.

I have a manual heater and AC control panel with some dead lights so I tried to see if I could take it apart and replace the bulbs. It seems, they are not made to be repaired. In my repair attempt, pulled loose the passenger temperature adjuster so it just hangs there now. Needless to say, I need to replace the entire control panel.

I went to RockAuto and found a few different ones listed for my Burb so I'm wondering if I can order any of them and they would work. I am specifically interested in the digital control panel.

Please chime in and let me know if the control panel with the digital display will work or not. I have included a couple of pics for reference.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Heater and AC Controls-manual.jpg   Heater and AC Controls-digital.jpg  
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Have you also checked GM parts Direct? they have a pretty extensive supply of parts as well and it may help you narrow down to what part you need...
Old January 8th, 2012, 5:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The control head with the digital readout is for the automatic climate control system. I won't say it can't be done but I've never heard of a successful conversion from the manual system on late model GM.
Old January 8th, 2012, 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the replies. If putting the digital panel in is considered to be a project then I will just replace with the manual slider panel.
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default post msg

On my '04 Tahoe with the slider levers, they are at different temps when they are adjusted side by side. A shop told me even if I replaced them myself that a scanner has to be used to set them properly. Something else to think about as usual for a added cost. Haven't done anything yet. Let us know what you find out. Thanks. *BW*
Old January 28th, 2012, 4:28 PM
CF Beginner

I went ahead and just replaced "like for like" since I didn't want to deal with any types of "conversions".

When I asked the guy at the dealer parts counter if it had to be set or reprogrammed, he said "no", it should be plug and play. For me, this was the case. I just replaced the old part and it worked as it should.