Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help me display on Radio Vs DIC

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help me display on Radio Vs DIC

Hello Folks,
I am new to this nice forum. I need to know how to display turn-by-turn direction on the radio display instead of the DIC. I have the same radio as the attached picture. Onstar customer service has not been helpful. I appreciate any help. This is a 2007 Tahoe LS. Thanks.
--Bimmerborn

[IMG]local://upfiles/13064/9B501C2BA13C425DA4A9D21FD8CB9BCE.jpg[/IMG]
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:17 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help me display on Radio Vs DIC

Welcome to ChevroletForum.com!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully someone else here will chime in with a solution.
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:19 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome. I too am unfamiliar with your type of radio (have the lcd screen). Have you checked the manuals?
Old October 28th, 2007, 1:22 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Onstar TBT visual cues are not able to be displayed on the radio display on Tahoe.

The only Chevrolet products that display the TBT direction on the radio are OnStar Generation 7.0 equipped Equinox, Cobalt, Impala, HHR and Monte Carlo with the optional US8/US9 radio(s).
Old October 28th, 2007, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

ZX1100F1,

i have a question then, why in my 08 Silverado manual does it show that the TBT should display on the radio.i have the US8 unit, and i displays the TBT on DIC. i was also told by my salesman that it should display on the Radio display. maybe im missing something. im not sure if i would rather have it display on the radio or the DIC, but i would like to see it for myself. i also like the fact that the radio will display your next turn with a turning direction symbol.

Thanks again for your help.
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:21 PM
CF Junior Member

engine2 thanks.
GIXXER, thank you. Yes, I did check all the manuals in my car and online.
ZX1100F1 thank you for the information. That is a bummer. Do you know if there is anyway I can make TBT to display on my radio? Can I get a US8 or US9 radio and then it will do? My radio's appearance is identical to the ones that show in the picture. I do not want to go back to portable navigation thingi.
And one more thing is the sound of TBT is very irritating. I keep lowering the volume but on the next turn the volume restores to the original level. Can I turn the voice instructions off ?
Many of the commands off the manual does not work. For example I can not use a "plan route" as per manual. The voice recognition answers "pardon?"
I am expecting too much. BMW assist has some similar issues.

Old October 28th, 2007, 11:29 PM
CF Junior Member

On the other hand I bought this truck to use as a truck. It is a already too much of gadgets for the money I paid. I realize this is not a luxuary car and everything that came with it is a bonus. Thanks Chevrolet. I am back
Old October 29th, 2007, 2:34 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: 08silveradonb

ZX1100F1,

i have a question then, why in my 08 Silverado manual does it show that the TBT should display on the radio.i have the US8 unit, and i displays the TBT on DIC. i was also told by my salesman that it should display on the Radio display. maybe im missing something.

GM/Onstar have issued the following disclaimer which addresses the display: “Some vehicles utilize the interactive Driver Information Center (DIC) or radio display to provide information related to the route. The type of information displayed will vary by vehicle and display type. These visual displays are designed to enhance the voice-guided driving directions provided by OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation.”
What page in which manual states this? If in the Onstar manual please keep in mind that this is the same manual for all GM vehicles and they normally use wording such as "your vehicle may be equipped" and also the manual gives further instruction on how to use the TBT buttons that are available on cars that use the radio display for TBT routing, these buttons are not used on Tahoe or Silverado so these instructions would not apply.

The Salesman is a human and possibly just made a slight error.

Even though the US8/US9 radios look identical in different vehicles they are different internally.
There is no for sure way to move the Onstar TBT directions to the radio.

As far as the Voice command “Plan Route” not working, this is a great feature and it should work, I would have the dealer troubleshoot this.

The voice command volume is reset each time a new command is given, this is irritating I know and I believe that a fix for this will be released in the future, the only way that I am aware of to mute the voice commands is to push the “Phone” button on the Onstar Mirror as each command is beginning to be spoken.
Old October 30th, 2007, 7:49 PM
CF Active Member

We were told by OnStar that the TBT directions would not display in an LS model, that all we would get is the voice commands. I discontinued the service shortly after that, just didn't make any sense to pay full price for half a service.
Old October 31st, 2007, 11:17 AM
CF Addict

That's too bad, the Turn by Turn directions will appear on the DIC even on the LS models.

Quick Reply: Help me display on Radio Vs DIC