Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help needed for 2000 Chevy Suburban front lights

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2018, 8:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Help needed for 2000 Chevy Suburban front lights

Dear Chevy enthusiasts;

I am in Europe where lighting regulations on cars are different than in the US. For import reasons my front lighting setup on my Chevy Suburban has been completely hacked
I would really need some info on how the lights should work in front, specially dlr/signal/marker as they are acting really weird.
Also I was wondering if there are any on-line stores that would supply part of wiring loom in the event of mine being too damaged?

Thanks for any help you could give :-)
S.
Old February 9th, 2018, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lights are simple, there are 2 housings on each side, the upper housing is for the headlights, the lower housing is for the turn signals/marker lights/drl's. The headlights work with either the low beam bulbs (outer) on and high beam bulbs (inner) off, or the high beam bulbs on and the low beam bulbs off. There is a headlight switch to the left side of the dash, it rotates to the right to turn on and then to the left to turn off. It is a 3 position switch: auto/park lamps on/headlight and park lamps on. On the headlight switch is a button (lower right) to turn the driving lights on/off, if your vehicle is equipped. They will come on with the park lamps, work when the low beam headlights are on and cut off when you turn the high beam headlights on. You pull the turn signal switch towards you to actuate between high and low beam lights. there is another button on the headlight switch (lower left) that will turn your interior lights off with the doors open. If you push that button in/out/in/out you can disable the automatic on/off feature of the headlights, when you do this you will hear a chime. To turn it back on you repeat the process again. There is also a light sensor located in the dash at the end of the defroster grille for the automatic headlamp system. The park lamp assembly contains 2 amber bulbs and a side marker bulb. the outside amber bulb is for park/marker and turn signal operation, the inner bulb is for park/marker only, the small outer bulb is a side marker light and flashes on and off with the turn signal. Also located in the park/turn lamp assembly are the daytime running lights. They are located next to the grille, illuminate in the daytime when the transmission is out of the park position, and turn off when the headlights come on. The headlights will not come on when the parking brake is applied. I hope this answers your questions.

Last edited by immrchevvy; February 9th, 2018 at 3:21 PM.
Old February 9th, 2018, 3:13 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Link to headlight wiring diagram, and yes you can get a harness online, I have looked at a few including ebay.
https://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=2...f&action=click
Old February 16th, 2018, 6:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hi,
Thanks for the replies...
I will have to run through the diagrams, some colors vary it seems...
Maybe I will post a couple of videos as they are functioning now... and then have a reference.
I'll keep you posted.