Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help with p0449 & p0455 codes

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2011, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DITTO on your message to others!! When my light would come on I simply replaced both valves. But when that didnt work, I noticed that the hose to the canister had gotten hard and was crimped. I replaced the hose and the light has not returned since. My total was about $60
Old October 13th, 2011, 4:20 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Well it looks like you've gotten a good amount of feed back from the great community here. If you've got any other kinds of issues such as warranty work, don't be afraid to reach out to me here.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Why is GM not covering the EVAP problems when they occur? I have an 07 Tahoe that the gas cap light come on at 32K in New Mexico and when I returned home the mileage had crossd the 36K mark. I explained this to the dealer and they handed me a bill for $150. I inquired about the EVAP part and they said (what happened to 80K for EVAP service?) that particuliar part (solenoid) was not covered. This is BS on GMs part!
Thomas Jachim
PS to pour salt into the wound the same code came up a week later and I had to re-attach the hose to the canister because the tech,that worked on it, didnot push the hose on the canister nipple correctly. Typical!!
Old October 13th, 2011, 8:33 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Now you know why GM needed a bailout...........
Old October 19th, 2011, 1:31 PM
CF Beginner

my 07 equinox is pucking everytime I get between 45 and 60 and if I'm going up a bridge or let up on the gas and try to speed up! Can anyone help me with this?
Old October 19th, 2011, 2:37 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by brown99
my 07 equinox is pucking everytime I get between 45 and 60 and if I'm going up a bridge or let up on the gas and try to speed up! Can anyone help me with this?
Welcome to the forum, this is the Tahoe portion of the forum but I understand why you might ask your question here, as it has lots of traffic
When you say pucking do you mean bucking?

Do you have a check engine light on? has it just started or been happening, bad gas could cause poor performance, a blocked cat could also cause poor performance... will need a bit more info to help whittle it down...
Old October 19th, 2011, 7:50 PM
CF Beginner

it came on and we replaced the IGR or IRG, we switched gas and it's still doing it. The check engine light came on with that p0445 code, and I'm thinking about replacing the canister, hoses and evap.
Old October 24th, 2011, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default EVAP Crazy

I discovered 3 - error codes P0442, P0443 & P0455 after taking my 03' Suburban 1500 LS 5.3L 2wd to get smoged. Went to my mechanic who did a smoke test found leaks on both (cracked vent/rollover valves) from the top of the fuel tank. Fuel tank replaced, $1,100 dollars later code P0455 came back after a week or two. Back to mechanic discovered bad contact where the wires connect to the molex connector to the canister purge control solenoid while moving wires around because it would work then not work. He ordered the connector, I replaced it myself. Took it back so he could clear the code. Code back (P0455) after a week. I replaced the gas cap with an OEM. Took it to my friend who read and cleared the code. Code was back after a couple weeks. Where do I look next? Please help I'm going crazy. I really need a DIY fix cause I'm running out of cash....
Old October 24th, 2011, 5:42 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

What I read is 455 code is not able to calibrate (evap) to vacuum level. Is your truck running even a little rough?
Old October 24th, 2011, 9:03 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

P0455 means a large leak has been detected.
Inspect every inch of the EVAP system hoses and connections, look for splits or cracks especially at joints and angles....check all of the rubber fittings for tight fit. The smoke test should have reviled just about all of them...

When under the vehicle you shouldn't be able to smell any gasoline.
A bad filler neck hose on your gas tank
a poorly installed fuel pump into the tank (smell for gas)
You can try disconnecting the various EVAP lines and try blowing into them to see if you get leaks ( this is how I found the cracked hose on my wife's mini-van)

if the tank was removed make sure all of the band clamps were put back on and are tight, but not so tight they cut into the rubber hose
Old October 26th, 2011, 2:38 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Lostbowl
Why is GM not covering the EVAP problems when they occur? I have an 07 Tahoe that the gas cap light come on at 32K in New Mexico and when I returned home the mileage had crossd the 36K mark. I explained this to the dealer and they handed me a bill for $150. I inquired about the EVAP part and they said (what happened to 80K for EVAP service?) that particuliar part (solenoid) was not covered. This is BS on GMs part!
Thomas Jachim
PS to pour salt into the wound the same code came up a week later and I had to re-attach the hose to the canister because the tech,that worked on it, didnot push the hose on the canister nipple correctly. Typical!!
I'm confused by this? What was the explanation for it not being covered under warranty? I have a 2009 burb and have it scheduled to be brought in for service next week for this same reason. I have a code P0455. Anyway, I can fix it myself but I didn't feel like spending $50 for the part.

Quick Reply: Help with p0449 & p0455 codes