Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help with p0449 & p0455 codes

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2011, 5:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why GM doesn't stand behind their product?

That's my question and with all the BS from dealers ,that I have read about here, I think it's time for a class action to be taken. Parson's Chevrolet told me that the solenoid valve was not covered even though I explained that it malfunctioned well before 36K which is the bumper to bumper warrranty. I then asked why the EVAP is not covered for 80K and the reply was that it is except for that part. This is the same dealer that when I went to buy-out my lease they told me "we don't do that anymore" more BS and a talk with their finance person changed their story. The salesman was trying to pull a "fast one" and again the consumer was the victim. I hope some starving mouthpiece out there reads this and takes action against GM on behalf of all of us who have been ripped off!
sincereley, Thomas J. Jachim
Old November 14th, 2011, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

Apparently by federal law only the major parts of the emission system are covered for 8 years/80K miles. The major parts are the cadalitic converters and computers. The other parts only have to be warrantied for 2 years/24K miles. If you have a bumper to bumper warranty everything should be covered. Check for exceptions in your b2b warranty.
Old November 15th, 2011, 6:52 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by g00dy
Apparently by federal law only the major parts of the emission system are covered for 8 years/80K miles. The major parts are the cadalitic converters and computers. The other parts only have to be warrantied for 2 years/24K miles. If you have a bumper to bumper warranty everything should be covered. Check for exceptions in your b2b warranty.
My point exactly! The failure,as I explained to the dealer, happened within the 36K bumper to bumper. And ,as I said, I had to re-do the repair within a week because of sloppy work. GM, along with the dealer, has lost a failthful customer. I was lied to by the salesman when I purchased this vehicle and the fact that the warranty is not honored is enough BS for me. Sincerely, Thomas Jachim
Old December 3rd, 2011, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Does anyone know the specific part # that I should be looking at in order to replace the Evap Emissions Control? My OBDII scanner read P0449. I assumed it was a loose gas cap, which it could very well be, since I filled it up a few days ago. Cleared the light and went on my way and it hasn't been coming on since, but I'd rather just replace it now and save myself the headache later on down the road.

I have an 08 Tahoe LTZ. I want to replace the entire purge solenoid, as well as the evap canister.

I've seen 12597567, 19207763, 2593-2571. I don't want to order the wrong part and have it be for a Malibu when I have a Tahoe.

Thank you guys in advance.
Old December 5th, 2011, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

Tungo- Watch 2007 Suburban P0449 - YouTube this video. I had the same codes 0455 and 499. I bought a new gas cap and replaced the EVAP purge valve in this video and the connector/adapter. Fixed my problem easily. Also check out the 0449 code problem on the tahoe and burban forum. Good luck
Old December 5th, 2011, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by turfpro102
Tungo- Watch 2007 Suburban P0449 - YouTube this video. I had the same codes 0455 and 499. I bought a new gas cap and replaced the EVAP purge valve in this video and the connector/adapter. Fixed my problem easily. Also check out the 0449 code problem on the tahoe and burban forum. Good luck
Thanks bud. I have the video saved. I know what the part is, but I don't know the part number and the guys at my local dealer are wanting to get me the right part, but they don't want to give me the wrong one.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Here ya go
GM # 20995472 - EVAP canister vent/valve/hoses/filter assembly= $71.96
GM # 19257603 - Electricaladapter/harness = $30.14
You need the adapter because the new and old electrical connections are different. It's about 6 inches long
Good Luck
Old December 7th, 2011, 3:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default Evap

I was ripped by the dealer and ended up fixing it myself while still under warranty. I'm done with GM. The solenoid valve is next to the spare tire on an 07 Tahoe and the large line running to the canister will pop off if not clipped securely in place. A real piece of crap. I have yet to meet a person that is not getting the loose gas cap code----------------- Isn't time that GM starts to use engineering and stop the politics just like our gov. needs to do. This country's politicians and the auto industry is screwing the public . IMO
Old December 9th, 2011, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2003 Silverado Z71 5.3 L

Originally Posted by in2pro
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche - 2WD | Avalanche, Escalade, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon (VIN C/K) Service Manual | Document ID: 1706774
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Solenoid Valve Replacement
Removal Procedure
Important: Clean all evaporative emission (EVAP) line connections and surrounding areas prior to disconnecting, in order to avoid possible EVAP system contamination.

Remove the air cleaner outlet duct. Refer to Air Cleaner Resonator Outlet Duct Replacement .
Disconnect the EVAP line quick connect fitting from the EVAP canister purge solenoid. Refer to Plastic Collar Quick Connect Fitting Service .

Disconnect the engine wiring harness electrical connector (2) from the EVAP canister purge solenoid.
Disconnect the chassis EVAP line quick connect fitting from the EVAP canister purge solenoid. Refer to Plastic Collar Quick Connect Fitting Service .

Disengage the retainer securing the EVAP canister purge solenoid to the fuel rail.
Remove the EVAP canister purge solenoid.
Installation Procedure

Install the EVAP canister purge solenoid.
Install the EVAP canister purge solenoid to the fuel rail and engage the retainer.

Connect the engine wiring harness electrical connector (2) to the EVAP canister purge solenoid.
Connect the chassis EVAP line quick connect fitting to the EVAP canister purge solenoid. Refer to Plastic Collar Quick Connect Fitting Service .

Connect the EVAP line quick connect fitting to the EVAP canister purge solenoid. Refer to Plastic Collar Quick Connect Fitting Service .
Install the air cleaner outlet duct. Refer to Air Cleaner Resonator Outlet Duct Replacement .
© 2011 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
Do you have similar instruction for 2003 Silverado Z71 5.3 L or they are same?
Old December 10th, 2011, 3:04 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

NoLife1980 welcome to the forum,
I would need to take a look but since they are both for the 5.3 they should be very similar...

Quick Reply: Help with p0449 & p0455 codes