Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old September 15th, 2014, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Again!!!

So I let them put the 2nd steering sensor in for 465.00.I go to pick the truck up and on the way home yet again I get the same message, service stabiltrak!! I go the the dealer because they are the ones with the fancy code reader and such, but this is getting old. Fast!!
Old September 15th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by thumperyz
So I let them put the 2nd steering sensor in for 465.00.I go to pick the truck up and on the way home yet again I get the same message, service stabiltrak!! I go the the dealer because they are the ones with the fancy code reader and such, but this is getting old. Fast!!
We understand your frustration, thumperyz. Please private message us your VIN, mileage, full contact information and dealership name if we can try to assist towards a resolution. We hope to hear from you soon.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 16th, 2014, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you,they called this morning and said they had to replace the connector and that there would be no charge.So lets see if this fixed it and go from there!
Old September 16th, 2014, 5:48 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

That's definitely good news, thumperyz! Let us know how everything turns out.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 20th, 2014, 2:17 AM
CF Beginner

2008 Tahoe, 5.3, Black, red sheepskin seat covers, DD, CEL on for past 2 years (right after Dynamaxx+Borla w/K&N install) Perfectly maintained = Runs awesome.

last week I got a surprise.

Service Stabilitrack
Service Traction Control
ABS Light

as it happens, this was after carefully changing my Swaybar end link bushings.

Just in case, Last night I pulled the wheels, checked the wheel speed sensor cables, look perfect, OEM like.

This morning, plugged in my ODB2 reader, po121 TPS and po496 EVAP, reset, CEL now off, no change to Stabilitrak/traction/ABS warning/ lights.

Need help ! ! Big road trip starting on Tuesday.
Old September 22nd, 2014, 7:12 AM
CF Beginner

SOLVED!....?

took it to the local Chevy guys and paid $50 for a scan.

they said the left rear wheel speed sensor cable needed replacement.

took it home (they didn't have any in stock of course). uplugged it (seemed kinda loose) replugged it in and wala, no more error.

will let you know if it holds.

over and out

- G
Old September 24th, 2014, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stabilitrak

I see that someone mentioned a speed sensor cable for the stabilitrak problem. Where is this located ?
Old September 25th, 2014, 3:55 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ram49
I see that someone mentioned a speed sensor cable for the stabilitrak problem. Where is this located ?
I'm no expert but I think I can point these out.

There are 4 cables, 1 each is mounted adjacent / behind each of the 4 brake rotors. The cables are black, dirty, about the size of a cheap power cord.

They are a lot smaller and flexible than the brake line in the same region.

One end of the cable is fixed into the wheel area by a torx head screw.

The other end goes up toward the chassis (behind some plastic in the back, easier to see in the front) where you will find a snap type connector.

I found my right rear connector a bit loose, got it apart, snapped it back and the error disappeared without an ODB2 reset tool

good luck!
Old September 25th, 2014, 7:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gm called me after i e-mail, & said they will fix it

Okay, I wrote this email to GM after they confirmed I actually spent over$12,000. Anyways they called and said GM is escalating my case Number to senior tech and will work will my local GM service department and said GM would fix it at no cost to me. I will keep you updated on if they will fix it or they just blowing smoke. Here's the E-MAIL I sent:

SERVICE STABILITRAC & SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL LIGHTS ON TAKING DEALERSHIPS EVERY 4 WEEKS TO REBOOT OR RESET COMPUTER, 4 DEALERSHIPS DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM REPLACEMENT TRANSMISSION,BCM,HUBS,BATTERY, SENSORS, GAS SAYS ETHANOL OVER 40%, BUT FILL UP AT NON ETHANOL GAS STATIONS? ETC. AFTER $12,000 SPENT - STILL SERVICE STABILITRAC & TRACTION CONTROL LIGHTS COMES
Jim (last name)
2007 GMC YUKON SLT
(address)
(Phone Number)

Dealerships AUTONATION - SPOKANE VALLEY, WA
CAMP CHEVY-SPOKANE, WA
LIBERTY LAKE, WA
DAVE SMITH, KELLOGG, ID
Old September 25th, 2014, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by nukstr
Okay, I wrote this email to GM after they confirmed I actually spent over$12,000. Anyways they called and said GM is escalating my case Number to senior tech and will work will my local GM service department and said GM would fix it at no cost to me. I will keep you updated on if they will fix it or they just blowing smoke. Here's the E-MAIL I sent:

SERVICE STABILITRAC & SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL LIGHTS ON TAKING DEALERSHIPS EVERY 4 WEEKS TO REBOOT OR RESET COMPUTER, 4 DEALERSHIPS DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM REPLACEMENT TRANSMISSION,BCM,HUBS,BATTERY, SENSORS, GAS SAYS ETHANOL OVER 40%, BUT FILL UP AT NON ETHANOL GAS STATIONS? ETC. AFTER $12,000 SPENT - STILL SERVICE STABILITRAC & TRACTION CONTROL LIGHTS COMES
Jim (last name)
2007 GMC YUKON SLT
(address)
(Phone Number)

Dealerships AUTONATION - SPOKANE VALLEY, WA
CAMP CHEVY-SPOKANE, WA
LIBERTY LAKE, WA
DAVE SMITH, KELLOGG, ID

$12k? holy cow!

I paid about $50 in local money for a "scan" that showed the right rear speed sensor was not working. I had to pay more for them to replace the part but they didn't have any stock. I brought it home and played with it, seemed to fix it.

is your ABS light on?

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control