Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Old August 1st, 2012, 1:14 PM
  #11  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
Default 2007 chevy equinox problems

I have a 2007 chevy equinox that i just bought and when i am at a stop it jerks and then when take off a mile down the road my service stableliltrak message pops up. Some times i can turn my car off and the light will go off sometimes it stays on... i have no clue wut it is. Neither. Does my machinc. If anyone has any feedback please let me know.
jlambremont is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 9:59 AM
  #12  
Official GM Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Global Headquarters in Detroit, MI
Posts: 4,161
Default

Originally Posted by jlambremont View Post
I have a 2007 chevy equinox that i just bought and when i am at a stop it jerks and then when take off a mile down the road my service stableliltrak message pops up. Some times i can turn my car off and the light will go off sometimes it stays on... i have no clue wut it is. Neither. Does my machinc. If anyone has any feedback please let me know.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your vehicle. If this message turns on while you are driving, pull off the road as soon as possible and stop carefully. Try resetting the system by turning the ignition off and then back on. If this message still stays on or turns back on again while you are driving, your vehicle needs service. Have the StabiliTrakSystem inspected by your dealer as soon as possible. If you continue having this issue I would consult with a Certified Technician. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Service is offline  
Old August 29th, 2012, 9:29 AM
  #13  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Default 2007 Chevy Tahoe

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and I am having a similar issue with the Stabilitrak Off Traction Off Service message issue. My check engine light also comes on and reads a code of Cylinder 4 Misfire. It appears that there is a lot of this issue going on and no real good answer on how to fix it. Has anyone been able to fix it quickly?
Dawn Stage is offline  
Old August 29th, 2012, 9:37 AM
  #14  
CF Active Member
 
91Caprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 189
Default

Originally Posted by Dawn Stage View Post
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and I am having a similar issue with the Stabilitrak Off Traction Off Service message issue. My check engine light also comes on and reads a code of Cylinder 4 Misfire. It appears that there is a lot of this issue going on and no real good answer on how to fix it. Has anyone been able to fix it quickly?
If you're getting a misfire message have you checked your spark plug and/or wire on Cylinder 4?
91Caprice is offline  
Old August 29th, 2012, 9:44 AM
  #15  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Default 2007 Chevy Tahoe

I have not checked on the misfire because it seems that if we clear that message it goes away until the Stabilitrak message comes on again but we can certainly do that. Thanks - any other thoughts on the Stabilitrak?
Dawn Stage is offline  
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:31 AM
  #16  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Well, I just paid my last note on my 2007 Suburban 2 weeks ago. Fuel pump last week (109,000 miles), and now the exact problem that began this thread: Stabilitrak goes on and off. When off, the transmission shifts very rough from 1st to second.

God knows what this will cost. Still no answer I can find out here. Going to dealer today. OnStar must send a message to the vehicle to start crapping out the minute you make your last payment! I love this truck, but am quickly feeling like a divorce may be necessary. Audi Q7, Ford Exporer - can you hear me?
Nick Reichenbach is offline  
Old September 4th, 2012, 1:03 PM
  #17  
Official GM Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Global Headquarters in Detroit, MI
Posts: 4,161
Default

Originally Posted by Dawn Stage View Post
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and I am having a similar issue with the Stabilitrak Off Traction Off Service message issue. My check engine light also comes on and reads a code of Cylinder 4 Misfire. It appears that there is a lot of this issue going on and no real good answer on how to fix it. Has anyone been able to fix it quickly?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dawn Stage,

This condition maybe due to an EBCM issue, this is only a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional assistance and official diagnosis.

Please keep us posted.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Service is offline  
Old September 5th, 2012, 9:33 AM
  #18  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
Default Update: Resolved - Fuel Composition reset

Originally Posted by Nick Reichenbach View Post
Well, I just paid my last note on my 2007 Suburban 2 weeks ago. Fuel pump last week (109,000 miles), and now the exact problem that began this thread: Stabilitrak goes on and off. When off, the transmission shifts very rough from 1st to second.

God knows what this will cost. Still no answer I can find out here. Going to dealer today. OnStar must send a message to the vehicle to start crapping out the minute you make your last payment! I love this truck, but am quickly feeling like a divorce may be necessary. Audi Q7, Ford Exporer - can you hear me?
My local dealer fixed my issue and only charged one hour labor! After getting 'jobbed' by the dealer in TN 700 miles from home on new fuel pump...

Diagnosis: DIAG P0561, P0175, 172 Rich on both banks found fuel trim at 30% test fuel. In english, my gasoline was supposedly 75% alcohol! Either that, or when the fuel pump was changed the dealer in TN set something up incorrectly. To make a long story short, the computer kept adjusting itself due to the bad mix signal and started shutting things down. Stabilitrak was one of a couple things it was messing with.

Solution: Reset fuel composition in the system. New gas. Fuel trims OK now. Test drove and shifting and all systems back to normal.

Wow. And only $75. I still love my truck...
Nick Reichenbach is offline  
Old September 5th, 2012, 2:05 PM
  #19  
CF Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 47
Default

Same problem for me. Took it in in July prior to vacation and was told I needed all new lifters...about 3K. I said hold off and picked it up. Took it home and ran a can of Seafoam through the motor and all was well. Went on vacation, returned and about two weeks ago, same problem. Returned to dealer and they said "New lifters is the only thing that will correct this". I said ok, and they replaced all my lifters. Picked up the Tahoe last Wed and Thursday lights came back on and had the exact problem as before. Tahoe currently back at dealer....they don't have a clue IMO. I believe all this problem is tied to the AFM going from 4-8cyl. Mileage on mine is 120,000. My advice is get rid of em before they get out of warranty. Once mine is back it's getting traded for a Jeep GC. First non GM car since 1973 for me but not happy about this situation. I believe this is a known problem and there will be a class action lawsuit in the future regarding these engines. As they get some miles on them they will self destruct.
HoleInOne is offline  
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:02 AM
  #20  
Official GM Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Global Headquarters in Detroit, MI
Posts: 4,161
Default

Originally Posted by Nick Reichenbach View Post
My local dealer fixed my issue and only charged one hour labor! After getting 'jobbed' by the dealer in TN 700 miles from home on new fuel pump...

Diagnosis: DIAG P0561, P0175, 172 Rich on both banks found fuel trim at 30% test fuel. In english, my gasoline was supposedly 75% alcohol! Either that, or when the fuel pump was changed the dealer in TN set something up incorrectly. To make a long story short, the computer kept adjusting itself due to the bad mix signal and started shutting things down. Stabilitrak was one of a couple things it was messing with.

Solution: Reset fuel composition in the system. New gas. Fuel trims OK now. Test drove and shifting and all systems back to normal.

Wow. And only $75. I still love my truck...
Nick Reichenbach - we're glad to hear that everything went so well with your dealership! Many happy miles!

Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Service is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control


Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: