Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Old October 22nd, 2012, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak

I too am having the same trouble with my 08 silverado with the stabilitrak and traction control message, but it also shows the message to service my brake system. I just had replaced my rear brake shoes about 3 weeks ago. And then after that the messages starting to come on, and now more frequent.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 2:29 AM
CF Beginner

Default Try unplugging and reconnecting the hub sensors...

Wrench71:
(I don't have any of the hard shifting or any other problems other that the annoying chimes and lights)
You might get lucky by unplugging and reconnecting the hub sensors. The connection is right next to the front springs... here is my story: I have an 07 Silverado LTZ w/ ~75k miles and I am having the same issues myself but I think I might be on track to a solution. After many hours of reading forums, it sounds like its a common problem to have a faulty wire/connection from one of the wheel hub assemblies to the computer... which makes perfect sense b/c a few months ago I started getting the same warning lights on my dash and decided that I "must" have a bad hub assembly. Well, I pulled the drivers side assembly and did a thorough inspection on it and I couldn't find any play/movement. I reinstalled the original hub assembly and moved to the passenger side... and again, I couldn't find anything wrong with that assembly. Puzzled, I put it all together and the next time I drove it I didn't have any "service brake system" or "Stabliltrak off" errors pop up... and that lasted for about 3 months... all from what I think was a faulty connection that I fixed when I unplugged and replugged together the hub sensor connections. But now it's back and I will investigate if they sell the sensors solo or if I must buy the whole damn assembly... OR maybe I'll just try splicing the wires together!!! I will try to keep you posted but this is my first forum post and I have no idea how to navigate around this site...

Last edited by crash6699; October 23rd, 2012 at 2:36 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 5:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Hi All!

I am happy to say the problem is fixed. I was using 85 Ethanol fuel that was causing the fuel sensor to malfunction which effected other modules sensors. Use up all your 85 Ethanol in your tank and replace with regualer gas and then drive for a few mins then turn off your truck for a few minutes. You should be fine after you restart your truck. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thank you!

Chris
Old October 24th, 2012, 8:40 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Wrench71,

Have you been able to resolve this issue? Who replaced the rear brakes?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 25th, 2012, 3:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Wrench71,

Have you been able to resolve this issue? Who replaced the rear brakes?

Louis
GM Customer Service
I have not been able to resolve the issue yet, I am trying to get info on how to do it myself. I used to work for a Chevrolet dealer here in Texas. I replaced the brakes myself, that's why I am confused on why these messages are coming on. There was no sensor on the rear brake shoes, just a spring for parking brake. The only 2 sensors I had seen were on the axle, which I assume they're for speed sensor, but I could be wrong. Any information will be appreciated.
Old October 25th, 2012, 9:26 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Do you suppose that when you compressed the caliper piston the back flow of fluid broke something in the system ?
Old October 26th, 2012, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

Mr. Louis,
Thank you for your concern, with a drum brake system there are no calipers in the rear of the vehicle. But I have fixed the problem, I went to see an ex co-worker who has a Tech-2, so I scanned the vehicle for code, trouble shot the code and found the level sensor in brake reservoir was faulty. So I replaced it and topped off the fluid, which was just under the full mark. Drove vehicle several miles, and no warning lights, or messages coming back on. Again thank you for your concerns, and all those who had suggestions.
Old October 29th, 2012, 2:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also get the stabilitack lights on too. nothing ever changes though so i have not worried about it for the last 80k miles. but will check into the brake fluid level sensor to se if that would work. do you have a part number and is it easy to change?
Old November 5th, 2012, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

To update from my issue. The stabilitrak and check engine light kept coming on which I believe started because of a tank of bad gas. I believe the issue has been resolved with a new set of plugs and wires. It has now been about two months and no lights. I did have about 120,000 and never replaced spark plugs or wires and my mechanic said that causes a lot of issues in these vehicles.
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

I have an 07 Denali xl and had the same issues. Mine would come on on during start and sometime stay for a three hour trip and sometime it would go off in the first mile. I went to each ABS wheel sensor connection plug on ht e frame rail where you disconnect it to replace the wheel hub and pulled and push on the plug enough to move it about 6 or 7 times on both wheels and the light has not came on since. Knock on wood.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control