Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2013, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely try to capture a short video of the dash as the problem occurs for documentation. I have called the dealer and will drop it by. The dealership is an hour away and I need the truck so it makes things a bit inconvenient to say the least. I hope it is something simple but, happening so early in the vehicles life really concerns me as well.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Tahoe eletrical issues

I have a 2007 Tahoe doing the same thing. It burnt the transmission up. I had it rebuilt, and had to take it to dealer for a level 2 tech support. I knew this would happen. They can not find anything that is causing the problems which is electrical. They want to blame the transmisssion not being done right but it is not mechanical it is electrical because it was doing this before the transmission burned up. It is intermittent which makes it electrical not mechanical, but these bleep, bleep do not get it! Help!
Old February 20th, 2013, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

I did manage to get into my dealership and they were very helpful and interested in figuring out the issue. My vehicle was showing a great number of misfires on a couple of the cylinders and things began to add up. My Truck is equipped as a dual-fuel CNG/Gasoline powered vehicle. The only time I really noticed the Stabilitrak/Traction Control issue popping up was on mornings where the temperatures were below 45 degrees or so. As it turns out, the CNG fuel rail manufacturer is offering a free upgrade option that amounts to heat exchanger that attaches to the back of the CNG fuel rail. As it turns out, on cold mornings the CNG fuel may not be as warm as it needs to be without this added heat which would result in misfires that in turn would trigger the reduced engine performance mode of Stabilitrak. The dealer has ordered the exchanger for my vehicle and I am more than optimistic that this will totally cure the problem that I have had.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 3:23 PM
CF Junior Member

You'd think that GM could build a computer system that would trap errors better than it does. The variety of issues that cause the service stabilitrack and traction control is ridiculous.

That said, I am now have the same errors in addition to the oil consumption and lifter noise on my flexfuel 2009 Suburban. I will look it over and check the easy stuff and if that doesn't work, I'll have to take it in. It still has a powertrain warranty on it, but now we have a second car again so I can afford to be without the suburban and no, it's not a GM. Bought a VW. GM=Guaranteed to Malfunction.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 7:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ponch
You'd think that GM could build a computer system that would trap errors better than it does. The variety of issues that cause the service stabilitrack and traction control is ridiculous.

That said, I am now have the same errors in addition to the oil consumption and lifter noise on my flexfuel 2009 Suburban. I will look it over and check the easy stuff and if that doesn't work, I'll have to take it in. It still has a powertrain warranty on it, but now we have a second car again so I can afford to be without the suburban and no, it's not a GM. Bought a VW. GM=Guaranteed to Malfunction.
Well, I put a scanner on the car and I got P301, cylinder 1 misfire. Pulled plug 1 and it was carboned and had oil on it. Understand I replaced the plugs last september with AC Delco Iridiums. I'll post pictures later and see TSB 10-06-01-008B.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 8:29 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Cyl #1 is one of the AFM cylinders.... I'd check compression before sinking too much effort into another tune up.....
I am beginning to wonder if I should primitively replace my 07s lifters before they fail and take out the cam costing more then just the $200 for lifters....
Old April 23rd, 2013, 9:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
Cyl #1 is one of the AFM cylinders.... I'd check compression before sinking too much effort into another tune up.....
I am beginning to wonder if I should primitively replace my 07s lifters before they fail and take out the cam costing more then just the $200 for lifters....
In my case I have another 26K miles and 13 months left on the powertrain warranty. My guess is that piston will have low compression. I will save the old plug when I go into the dealer. Hopefully I won't be too entertained by their proposal to fix it. Right now it's sucking at least 2.5 quarts in 5000 miles.
Old April 24th, 2013, 8:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Not the best picture of the plug, and this is cleaned up as I tried cleaning some of the carbon out didn't make a different. The was solid carbon between the sides of the insulator and the metal part of the sparkplug. Not a good sign. If you look, there is oil on the threads too. Looks like #1 has an oil issue.
Attached Thumbnails HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control-0424130618.jpg  
Old May 20th, 2013, 7:36 AM
Administrator

Default Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Well on my 07 Tahoe this morning with 82k miles on her my Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control lights came on as I was pulling into the parking garage... I didn't notice any drive-ability issues or any other lights... will see how the 18 mile trip back home goes this evening...
Old May 20th, 2013, 8:54 PM
Administrator

No issues on the ride home...lights never came back on, I scanned for codes and had none and no pending codes... I'm sure the dealership can read more and from other modules...

Frame 9
MIL STATUS OFF
MIL STATUS OFF
ABSLT TPS 17.6
ENG SPEED 592
BARO PRS 98
CALC LOAD 19.2
MAF FLOW 5.69
MAP 33
OUT TEMP 89
COOLANT 195
IAT 100