Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2015, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawn Stage
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and I am having a similar issue with the Stabilitrak Off Traction Off Service message issue. My check engine light also comes on and reads a code of Cylinder 4 Misfire. It appears that there is a lot of this issue going on and no real good answer on how to fix it. Has anyone been able to fix it quickly?
I have a 2010 gmc the Stabilitrak and Traction off lights both are on along with my engine light. Was told misfire on cylinder 1 but replaced sparkplugs engine light off with no issues of missing or jurking all tho the other lights continue to stay on and can't figure out why.
Old October 26th, 2015, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Welp, I took my Silverado to another dealer. I was told by the original dealer that the warranty I purchased was the 100k extended. And that's apparently not the case, it's only 12k/1yr. Awesome. I guess shame on me for not reading through it.

My Stabilitrack and traction control issue is the steering position sensor which is now not covered under any warranty and will end up costing me about $400.

The rest of the problems is low oil pressure. So far they've told me it was definitely low on oil. Last time I checked it a couple weeks ago, it looked full to me. Maybe I was reading it wrong. They want it back in a thousand miles to see where the oil is at. No leaks, so it's probably burning oil. They say it might be piston rings.

So I'll probably get through the winter with it and then get rid of it. I'm not going to be sinking a bunch of money into this thing. I will never ever go back to the original dealer. They do not want to spend any time whatsoever on simple diagnostics. After the second time telling them that it was running and shifting like crap and all I got was "no codes" each time, the only time I'd go back to that place is to punch someone in the face. I tell them the rear brakes definitely need to be adjusted and they can't even do that.

I am absolutely done with GM and will never buy another one. Good riddance Government Motors, I hope you die.
Old October 26th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for the update...
Old October 27th, 2015, 9:02 AM
CF Junior Member

I fixed my Stabilitrak problem by replacing the terminal resistor (121 ohm) by rear crossmember and spare tire, and the brake switch. I also replaced the throttle body. On the oil problem it's probably the manifold filter located under the oil sensor. Cheap part about 5 bucks. Oil pump is simple and not the problem. Good luck -hope it works for you.
Old October 28th, 2015, 4:13 PM
Newly Registered

Default Stabilitrak

gjseamanjr, Do you know the part # for the terminal resistor? And, a photo of its location?

thanks.
Old November 1st, 2015, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 suburban service stabilitrack service traction control

I was driving my 2012 suburban yesterday and went over some railroad tracks at about 35 mph, not a big jolt just a bump and my service stabilitrack service traction control indicators came on as well as the abs light. I checked for trouble codes with 2 different readers and i do not have any trouble codes. I checked for loose connections at both rear axle speed sensors as well as front hub speed sensors and maf and tb and fuses.... I can not find anything wrong.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 4:09 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum, you might need to physically disconnect, clean and reconnect each of the wheel speed sensors, they may have moisture in them or are making poor contact...
Also consider checking the rest of the harness for damage from debris
Old November 7th, 2015, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Patsy, I sent you a pm

Similar issue: Stabilitrak, hard shift, very rough idle etc.....sad so many with the same issues.

At the dealers now and after reading all these posts I am worried!!
Old December 14th, 2015, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak - Silverado 2007 LTZ

I had the stabilitrak light issue and resolved it by cleaning the mass air flow sensor. Yes that is correct, I had the light coming on while driving, then it would go off, then back on again. Annoying because it also prevented the remote start from working. So I went to AutoZone to have the codes checked (which resulted in about 12-15 different causes) and picked to least expensive choice, a $6 can of mass air flow sensor cleaner. Once I cleaned the flow sensor the light has remained off. BTW - the maintenance manual suggests that the sensor should be cleaned once a year. Good luck!
Old January 5th, 2016, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Hello my name is jimena espinosa I have a Chevy Tahoe 2007... Its been about three weeks I've been having a lot of issues with my Tahoe it keeps popping up the stabilititrac words and its also reads that the engine is reducing power ... I've been in and out of the shop spend a lot of money trying to figure out what going on with my truck. But I've had no answer so far!! It has left me stranded in the middle of the street so many times Im afraid to even drive it anymore ... Because at times it runs good and just out of no where it starts doing it again... I need some guidance please!!! I've done some research and many of these year models have had the same issues with their trucks but so many different solutions... I really do not have the time or money to just try all of them if I take it to the agency its going to cost me a fortune to get it checked and fixed and I don't have the money for any of that!! I've been stranded with my 3 year old daughter in the back seat twice. I'm afraid to get in an accident due to this problem.. And the mechanics can't seem to find a solution for this

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control