Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Old September 15th, 2016, 9:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try cleaning the throttle body.
Old September 28th, 2016, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've filed a complaint with the National Safety Council 888-427-4236, as this needs to be recalled, I've researched many forums and this is a common problem and no fix has been found, if enough of us experiencing this problem file complaints then perhaps a recall will be issued

Originally Posted by gilstone
Every time I start my '07 Burban (even sitting at idle) the bell starts chiming and the triangle sign and the warning reads "service stabilitrak" then "traction control (off)" activates within a few seconds. This keeps going on and off as I am driving and when its in the off position the trans shifts gears very hard. Looking trough the "www.chevroletforum.com" site, I can see that this had been a problem in the past with 2003 and up, and there are many people talking about this issue with their trucks, but I have not come across anyone who can give the answer on how to resolve this problem. HELP!!!

Thank you!
Old November 21st, 2016, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

2014 Traverse, approx 43k miles, experiencing the stabilitrack service/reduced engine power message along with the high rpm/low acceleration (can't get over 40mph) along with jerky stops, sounds like a freight train at a stop/in Park and has a strange knock.

First happened a couple of weeks ago, the day after an oil change and car wash. I had hit the cruise control "Set" button and had the "failure"(?). Limped it home and the next morning had no issues. Happened again today while driving. No buttons or systems in particular being engaged at the time it started. LImped it home again. Has been sitting for about 5 hours. Just went and turned it back on and see the "Service Engine" light on and everything sounds back to normal.

I use the same 2 gas stations in town, so maybe bad fuel?
The oil change place is one I've used before without any issues (should I take it back to them?)
I did have someone back into my front end in a driveway and had the grill and bumper replaced by their insurance (at my preferred dealership) a couple of months ago. Should I go back to them to have them look at it?

Not looking forward to having to try and get this in to be serviced the week of Thanksgiving. Anything I should look at myself prior to taking to dealer?

thank you!!!
Old November 22nd, 2016, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

If enough owners file complaints with the National Automobile Safety Council, maybe Chevrolet will be forced to issue a recall, no one seems to know how to resolve this issue and owners are paying thousands in repairs that don't correct the issue!
Old November 23rd, 2016, 6:03 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

My Chevy 2013 Equinox has had this issue past 2 weeks. Chevy cannot fix it and neither can Big O Tires. I am beyond frustrated as I have never had a car that could not be fixed. After Chevy reprogrammed it, it began to veer to left when driving it and it never drove erratically. So it was taken back to Chevy Dealer.
I have been without my car for 2 weeks. I used my parent's car as they were on vacation last week but now they are back and so Big O has actually put me in a rental car. They have been in contact with Chevy and had to go there today as no one would return their call. They want my car another 2 days to see if the Yaw Sensor that Big O installed was installed wrong. They have installed a steering sensor and Yaw sensor now.
The light is still on and they cannot get it to go off. I have a 2 year old daughter and do not want to be put in danger. Please can someone help????
Old December 3rd, 2016, 12:00 AM
CF Beginner

Hello I had the same porblem on my 07 Silverado there is a break light switch that may need to be changed.. It's located next to the break pedal.. It controls traction control light break lights and crouse control
Old December 3rd, 2016, 12:07 AM
CF Beginner

It's a break light switch located next to the break pedaling
Old December 24th, 2016, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

There seems to be 2 problems here. I have an 07 and a half GMC SLT. At about 120000 my light started coming on. A simple key off and on would fix it. This turned out to be the wheel bearing. The sensor is in the wheel bearing. And get this fixed ASAP or you'll be coming back from snowboarding in whistler and your wheel will be hanging and rotor grinding into the nearest station. I've gone through lots of bearings, some go for years but these go and fall apart fast.

Now I'm at 160000 miles(not km for you yankees) and like the others here the engine light comes on. Well it was -30°C (not sure °F) when this started so I wasn't worried. After that yah it warms up and the light is still on sometimes and off sometimes. Then starts the traction and service stabilitrac. And then the jerking shifting just like you guys said. Now anyone who says it's the gas is full of **** because it's an E85 truck and I've never run more than 10% alcohol. New spark plugs. I'm gonna check the engine code but would not be surprised if it was the same misfire. Any other codes you guys get? Now I'm betting that this is a sensor problem affecting the engine. First I thought o2. Maybe MAF(that would make it run too lean and sputter) but it's running much to smoothly. I'm not too aware of all the sensors on these trucks. I will find it and post it here. I've found much more elusive problems. And don't go to your dealer they'll just tell you it's this and that till you have a new truck. Lol.
Old December 25th, 2016, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Hello Chris. Not sure which engine you may have in your '07. Mine is a 6.0. Yes, it may very well be likely you have a sensor issue. But there are also many other reasons for the stabilitrak/traction control system warning lights to go off. GM has tied...well it seems like everything into setting off this warning. And, as you.ve experienced, the hard shifts to 2nd and 3rd gears. I have always been very preventive with all my vehicles, changing plugs, wires, injector harnesses, belts, hoses, pulleys, gaskets, thermostats, water pump (recently), upgrading the oil pump, brakes, etcetera, etcetera. I currently have just over 177,000 miles. I've also kept up regular changes on the O2 sensors.

However, I have had many instances of "the messages" experience. a few times, again replacing the O2 sensors took care of it. But, I've also had to learn about all the sensors the vehicles have. I have replaced the oil sending sensor, the cam shaft position sensor, and, a cam position sensor, which there was very little information on as to location. IF you have the 6.0, it is NOT just under the lip of the intake in the back, on the passenger side of the engine. It is behind the water pump. The crankshaft position sensor is behind a small metal shield, front of engine, driver side, below the alternator.

Good luck on your search!
Old January 12th, 2017, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak Off Message on and Car is not starting

Hi,

Vehicle - 2008 Chevy Equinox LT
I just switched off the vehicle and was back after 5 minutes but this time the car showed a message of STABILITRAK OFF and did not start. I tried to jump start the vehicle but this did not help at all. After that try my lights did not switch on nor had any signs of starting the vehicle. It was -30 deg C yesterday. But I regularly plug my car with the block heater and I really don't understand why this happens with this vehicle. Please help me get out of this.
Thanks,
Nitin

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control