Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2017, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know if you start a class action suit, I will sue w/ you!

Debbie
The following users liked this post:
Lisa McNiff Komorous (July 23rd, 2019)
Old June 6th, 2017, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

I have had the problem FIVE times since February 7th, 2017.
There HAS to be a recall, am I right?????
Old June 16th, 2017, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just changed my gas pedal sensor and that didn't work. Help
Old June 22nd, 2017, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

Is there still s recall on this service?
Old June 26th, 2017, 3:27 PM
CF Beginner

It was recommended that I also post this here. I'm having serious issues with my 2008 Suburban

Little back history... a little less than a year ago my truck had a cylinder 1 misfire. That ended up being a collapsed AFM lifter. So I replaced all 16, head gaskets, intake, oil manifold... all that jazz. She drove fine for a wile, then I started getting a P0300/Service Stabilitrak/etc.

So far I've replaced:
All 16 lifters
AFM Oil Manifold
Head gaskets
Intake gaskets
Cam Position Sensor
Throttle Position Sensor
All spark plugs
Did a compression test on all cylinders and none were under 120psi
Fuel Pressure is around 55psi (give or take while running)

I also removed and cleaned the fuel rail and all injectors.

I'm seriously losing my mind here. I cannot for the life of me figure out what else there is to do to fix this thing!
Old June 27th, 2017, 6:49 AM
CF Beginner

You didn't mention replacing the crankshaft position sensor or the O2 sensors. You have four of them. When I began my journey some years ago, after many trips and parts replacements at the dealer, I started working it myself. Signal was not good on an O2 sensor, one of a brand new set I put in.
And, let's be sure you actually did the cam sensor not the crankshaft sensor.. If your burb has a 6.0, and you didn't remove the water pump to get to the cam sensor, you probably replaced the crank sensor just below and behind the alternator. If you were searching UTube for guidance you will find many times they called the crank, the cam. No one had good info on where the cam position sensor was located. I got it on a print of the page from the dealer.
ANYTHING can cause the computer to default message - traction control/stabilitrak. Even a dirty electrical connection at ANY sensor in the vehicle, or perhaps even a minimal crack starting in the solder of the brake control module.

The whole problem is GMs use of default code.
Good luck!
Old June 27th, 2017, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

I haven't had any codes show up for the crank sensor or the O2 sensors... that's the only reason I didn't venture in to throwing more money at it. I did replace the cam sensor behind the water pump. That was quite the fiasco. The sensor had basically cooked itself in the hole and I had to drill through the center to pop it out... sad to say.... and the mounting ear snapped off early in the removal process.

I had thought about the alcohol trim sensor being the issue because I had filled up with E85... and that was only once... I really didn't know that you were supposed to use above a certain amount or it would cause issues. That was the only station I had seen around here with E85 so I thought what the heck.

One weird thing was the last time I started her up I started getting a P0301 code for cylinder 1 misfire, but after I cleared it with my reader it came back as a P0300... But like I said in my first post, all the lifters are brand new.... I'm so lost with this thing
Old June 28th, 2017, 7:17 AM
CF Beginner

Ok. It could well be a false code. Happens all the time. You mention having replaced the lifters. One thing to know. The 6.0 oil supply is a little weak, especially at front driver side. If you have a 4x4, changing the oil pump is really tricky. but, I replaced the stock pump with a Melling high pressure/high volume pump to keep the lifters fed safely and properly.
Occasionally, I get the Po301 code now, only when it's hot out, in stop and go traffic, in hill areas, pulling a load or not. One of these days I'll pull the brake control module and resolder the points of contact. May be better than spending $400 on a new module and then have to have it programmed. It's not a hard thing to do, just time for me now, with a lot of consulting work going on.
I learned about the possibility of the brake control module causing the 3 code from an old mechanic who has a pretty good shop in my area and he's done work for me on A/C systems, even replacing my XLR's (Corvette based) radiator as the A/C line runs through it!
Good luck!
Old July 1st, 2017, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak, misfire shift hard first to second

Originally Posted by gilstone
Every time I start my '07 Burban (even sitting at idle) the bell starts chiming and the triangle sign and the warning reads "service stabilitrak" then "traction control (off)" activates within a few seconds. This keeps going on and off as I am driving and when its in the off position the trans shifts gears very hard. Looking trough the "www.chevroletforum.com" site, I can see that this had been a problem in the past with 2003 and up, and there are many people talking about this issue with their trucks, but I have not come across anyone who can give the answer on how to resolve this problem. HELP!!!

Thank you!
This worked. HerE is what I did, changed the throttle body with an Hitachi from rockauto, it work good for 2 months. Started again, scanned coded with Torque app, #7 misfire, replace the injector, no help, removed spark plug, ceramic broke, replaced it, fixed problem no lights no stabilitrak light, doesn't shift hard anymore. Runs like new. The spark plugs were changed 40,000 miles ago. I learned that the second set doesn't last as long as the first set. Spark plugs are oem
Old July 2nd, 2017, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

That's great! Forgot about the plugs. Some years ago I tried the E-3 plugs, had similar issues. Learned to go back to OEM. Don't know why it seems to matter, but, appears so.

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control