Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2017, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe the plug wires are the Stabil-trak problem

Just got my 2011 Express out of shop. One plug wire connection to plug corroded and broke off. Engine ran rough and had the stabiltrak lights come on. Cured by new set of wires.
Old August 6th, 2017, 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 chevy tahoe

ABS/STABILITRACK...tahoe loses power, kinda shaky, error message reading misfire in cylinder 4. Replaced all plugs and wires and cylinder 4 is still not firing. Replaced some type of sensor and the truck still runs like crap. Replacing a coil p now to see if that will help. Any help would be much appreciated! I dont want to take it in to a technician yet as I am a woman and dont want to be taken advantage of and if it is an easy fix I would rather do it myself.
Old August 6th, 2017, 5:52 PM
CF Beginner

Plugs, wires, and coil pack did not fix the problem for me. Changed aome temperature sensor as well and it has a new tbs in it.
Old August 8th, 2017, 4:50 PM
CF Beginner

i just wanted to share my experience and hopefully it'll help someone..i have an 07 silverado and my service traction control and service stablitrak warnings came on and kept going off all the way to work..just like alot of other ppl here experienced ,the truck started riding rough and chugging everytime i stopped and when i accelerated it would shift very hard..very common for alot of ppl here that ive read and i know ppl want answers to correct the problem..well for me,a change of spark plugs absolutley worked..when i picked up my truck from the shop it felt like i just driven it off the car lot for the the first time.it has about 194,000 miles on it and i expected the worse..just wanted to let ppl know to try that before anything else,set me back only a couple of hundred dollars versus 1000's that i thought i was gonna shell out.
Old August 9th, 2017, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default I experienced this exact thing

Originally Posted by Jerae Blanton
2014 Traverse, approx 43k miles, experiencing the stabilitrack service/reduced engine power message along with the high rpm/low acceleration (can't get over 40mph) along with jerky stops, sounds like a freight train at a stop/in Park and has a strange knock.

First happened a couple of weeks ago, the day after an oil change and car wash. I had hit the cruise control "Set" button and had the "failure"(?). Limped it home and the next morning had no issues. Happened again today while driving. No buttons or systems in particular being engaged at the time it started. LImped it home again. Has been sitting for about 5 hours. Just went and turned it back on and see the "Service Engine" light on and everything sounds back to normal.

I use the same 2 gas stations in town, so maybe bad fuel?
The oil change place is one I've used before without any issues (should I take it back to them?)
I did have someone back into my front end in a driveway and had the grill and bumper replaced by their insurance (at my preferred dealership) a couple of months ago. Should I go back to them to have them look at it?

Not looking forward to having to try and get this in to be serviced the week of Thanksgiving. Anything I should look at myself prior to taking to dealer?

thank you!!!
My 04 yukon was driving fine serviced and well kept I let my aunt borrow it to go on a trip with my mom and their other sister for my mom's bday gift I got it back and the next day I was taking my kids for a ride thru the state park here in town when my TCS and Stabiilike and check engine light all started flashing at the same time and I lost So much power I thought it died I pulled hood and for out to notice the engine was running at very low rpm I then realized something triggered the cpm to throw it into limp mode.I read the codes and none of them where hard codes or anything that should have thrown it into limp mode.So I reset the pcm and cleared all the codes started it up and went about four or five miles of it running perfect and it did he same thing again about a quarter mile from home so I just I've it home in limp mode.Checked ODB codes and one hard code came up for the tcp a long with a couple other codes at this point I order the throttle control position senior for over three hundred bucks installed it and did fine for about two days when kicked back into limp mode this time it showed pc101 control module voltage to low for sensory detect.I'm a mechanic by trade but so instantly upon seeing this code indicates cpm is bad so I called dealership and had them check it out as this part was warranted at this time but I had to pay three more hundred deductible they replaced the computer drove it a day or two and called for me to pick it up they had it fixed.I love this vehicle so I'm on cloud 9 pulling out of he dealership feeling positive that the problem was finally fixed and notnothing else was wrong because the told me they checked every single sensor wire fuse relay and even voiced it and even checked the drivetrain like they were doing all hey could for me.I didn't even make it he seven miles home before it all happened again.this time I called he dealership explained my sitsituation and spoke h owner telling him what his technician had just tolddon't me I had only had the vehicle 7 months and purchased new and old him I was taken it to he shop where I worked and putting on a and find he problem.I limp to the garage at 2500rpm get it on the lift and I noticed a don't in the converter and exhaust that was I noticed the downstream oxygen sensor was bent against the exhaust with the wires melted together which immediately explained why my PCM was not reading any sensors properly the o2 sensor was shorting out heating up and sending a code telling the computer that no exhaust was coming out of the converter and giving a very bad air temp reading so the pc gave the hard code to keep the engine from blowing from clogged converter switched the o2 sensor put my old PCm back in as well as my TPS no problems sense though that tech got fired and I received a year of gas from them and fifteen hundred dollars for time and hazzle that could have been avoided if they had been inspecting my vehicle like they where supposed to with free year of service and 100 inspection for buying a new car from them by far my crazy and weirdest vehicle take and the dent in converter and pipe as well as bent 02sensor that caused all of his came when my aunt pulled thru a parking space over a concrete decider
​​​​

Last edited by Jonathan Clayton; August 9th, 2017 at 11:28 PM.
Old August 11th, 2017, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gilstone
Every time I start my '07 Burban (even sitting at idle) the bell starts chiming and the triangle sign and the warning reads "service stabilitrak" then "traction control (off)" activates within a few seconds. This keeps going on and off as I am driving and when its in the off position the trans shifts gears very hard. Looking trough the "www.chevroletforum.com" site, I can see that this had been a problem in the past with 2003 and up, and there are many people talking about this issue with their trucks, but I have not come across anyone who can give the answer on how to resolve this problem. HELP!!!

Thank you!
Contact NHTSA. If enough of us contact nhtsa they will have to fix this stabilitrak issue. There are many chevy complaints about this.
Old October 18th, 2017, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by eaglea1
I'm having the same issues with my 2011 Siverado, crew cab, with only 57K miles on it. I took it to my dealer, and they looked at it, and told me that it should only be a minor issue when it gets cold and we have snow on the ground. Well.... the problem is now, and I noticed that the warning comes on when it is warm to hot outside. When the weather turns cooler / cold, the warning light does not come on at all. Seriously, the service manager said " I wouldn't worry about it that much, but it's up to you if you want to get it replaced, as it's going to run you about 365.00 bucks."
Are you kidding me ?? Well, I took his advice, and now this thing is driving me nuts everytime I start the truck, (when it's warm outside) and having this alarm go off.
I have always been a Silverado fan, and will be trading again this coming fall, but now I'm having second thoughts on both the vehicle as well as the service. I wish I could just disconnect the thing, as the truck doesn't change as far as driveability is concerned when the warning comes on.
JUST REALIZED I MAY HAVE THIS IN THE WRONG AREA, SO IF ONE OF THE MODS WOULDN'T MIND MOVING IT TO THE SILVARADO AREA, THAT WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS
Did you ever find a solution? I have a Silverado with the same warning light only and warm weather.
Old October 18th, 2017, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default No, no solution.

Originally Posted by Daniel Bazan
Did you ever find a solution? I have a Silverado with the same warning light only and warm weather.
No solution to date and in the meanwhile I think it wears out the tires faster. I will never buy Chevy/Gm again
Old October 19th, 2017, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Here is my experience with my 2009 Suburban with the stabilitrak lights going off and the car going into limp mode occasionally with the added fun of turning it off to reset it and the car is dead and unresponsive. What I found when it would do it on my during the warm/hot months is that the negative battery cable would get warm from travelling and then start to flex and cause issues. I had read somewhere online that someone else was having similar problems with stabilitrak warnings, limp mode and no electrical power, and they had found that there is a corrosion problem with the battery cables since they're not sealed to the connectors. I bought a new set of cables and installed them... I can say it is a pain because the cables go to a block that's mounted on the firewall. I also used some sealing electrical tape on each ends that seal up when it gets warm to keep moisture out, which I've used before on long range WiFi antennas and bridges. This solved my problem here.
Old October 20th, 2017, 9:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eaglea1
I'm having the same issues with my 2011 Siverado, crew cab, with only 57K miles on it. I took it to my dealer, and they looked at it, and told me that it should only be a minor issue when it gets cold and we have snow on the ground. Well.... the problem is now, and I noticed that the warning comes on when it is warm to hot outside. When the weather turns cooler / cold, the warning light does not come on at all. Seriously, the service manager said " I wouldn't worry about it that much, but it's up to you if you want to get it replaced, as it's going to run you about 365.00 bucks."
Are you kidding me ?? Well, I took his advice, and now this thing is driving me nuts everytime I start the truck, (when it's warm outside) and having this alarm go off.
I have always been a Silverado fan, and will be trading again this coming fall, but now I'm having second thoughts on both the vehicle as well as the service. I wish I could just disconnect the thing, as the truck doesn't change as far as driveability is concerned when the warning comes on.
JUST REALIZED I MAY HAVE THIS IN THE WRONG AREA, SO IF ONE OF THE MODS WOULDN'T MIND MOVING IT TO THE SILVARADO AREA, THAT WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS
Similar to the issue I had. It was a wheel speed sensor. I have had 2 go out at different times. Pay them the $100 for them to run the diagnostics to see which wheel it is. Get the sensor from Rock Auto. The sensor is pretty easy to change or ignore it like the dealer says, we drove cars for years without anti lock brakes and traction control.

2011 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 5.3L V8 ABS Wheel Speed Sensor | RockAuto

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control