Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2020 | 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default So did they fix the issue or did they isolate the incident

Lately a lot of Chevy dealers have been doing this lately
go to a private dealer NOT GM OR CHEVROLET all they know ABOUT THEIR OWN CARS is they crap out make you pay a quote and 200-300$ diagnosis just find a different mechanic that doesn’t put you in the whole with the 🍋 car
moral of the story
“Don’t buy Chevy”
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Julia Garcia,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration with your Tahoe. Has your dealer been able to duplicate this problem? Does the transmission only shift hard/lose power when the TC light is on? Do the warning lights stay on or do they come on intermittently? Have you had any aftermarket equipment added to the vehicle (i.e. different size wheels/tires, etc.)?

Could you please PM me your vehicle VIN number so I may research your vehicle further. I may be able to provide additional information.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 6th, 2020 | 7:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default Scammed by American cars

pay it off sell it and get a Toyota
better than this money pit
Originally Posted by Chris Stacker
Can you update what happened? I just did the same thing and have the same issue in my 2013 Tahoe. Hit a curb, blew a tire...replaced tire but the ABS, TPMS, Stabilitrack and Traction Control lights are all on. How did you fix?
Old March 6th, 2020 | 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Found a solution!
FIND A NEW MECHANIC PERIOD!
Originally Posted by Jon Broyles
I purchased a 2014 GMC Yukon XL SLT.

96k miles on it. A week ago my wife was driving when all of a sudden she had a severe loss of power with the check engine light coming on along along with the stabilitrac light and traction control light. Mechanic said its showing an error code in cylinder 7. We took it to our local mechanic and we/they can not find the problem and I feel like we’re going down a rabbit hole. We have done the following trying to chase the problem:

- new spark plugs and wires
- new fuel injector on #7
- they tested the engine to make sure cylinder is working properly and engine pressure (all is good)

.....they said that the spark plug doesn’t look like it’s getting fuel (but it is sparking). They now feel that the problem leans towards electrical (wiring harness?). The mechanics said they need some time to review electrical diagrams to try and trace it back.

I’ve spent hours reading posts online and it seems like it’s a reoccurring problem.

Some things that have been recommended:

- ground wires (damaged or loose)
- check fuse tied to fuel injector
- air intake crack
- bad wiring harness
- mass air flow sensor
- injector receiving the right power, fuse?
- AFM lifter
- airflow sensor
- reset the PCM
- one of the banks on the air/o2 sensor

any thoughts?
The following users liked this post:
Mateen El (April 22nd, 2020)
Old March 14th, 2020 | 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy stability trac

my traction control light and stability light came on, and than my engine light started flashing. I shut it off and on and still no change, and than my engine starting making ticking sounds, pretty mad, I should have stopped driving but I wanted to make the 7 miles home to have it parked in my yard. Is my system shot or do I now have an engine problem because I kept going or is my transfer case shot. Been reading manual but it just takes me to more problems. There is also 243,000 miles on my truck, so maybe it life expectancy is over.
Old March 22nd, 2020 | 6:35 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by keithwarfield601@aol.com
i replaced spark plugs and wires and this seems to have solved the problem. Its only been 8 hrs but all is well so far.
sorry this didn't solve the problem. It worked for a coule of days and back to crap...... Went to different mechanic and he saw where the wires were loose so he wrapped them up and wala all was well for two more days and again back to crap....

Help....help.....help.....anyone how do we report these issues to someone that can get this expedited into a recall. I'm almost out of money and who has a vehicle and cant figure out whats wrong? I'm at my wits end with this 2007 chevy silverado
Old April 6th, 2020 | 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gilstone
Every time I start my '07 Burban (even sitting at idle) the bell starts chiming and the triangle sign and the warning reads "service stabilitrak" then "traction control (off)" activates within a few seconds. This keeps going on and off as I am driving and when its in the off position the trans shifts gears very hard. Looking trough the "www.chevroletforum.com" site, I can see that this had been a problem in the past with 2003 and up, and there are many people talking about this issue with their trucks, but I have not come across anyone who can give the answer on how to resolve this problem. HELP!!!

Thank you!
I had this issue with my truck. 2008 tahoe Ltz. Started after I had my rear shocks replaced. Took it to a different shop and they replaced the fuel pump control module and all these problems went away. (Weird to me but I know nothing about cars) It worked though so I'm happy. It is located at the back of the tahoe above the spare tire.

Last edited by Misty Marie; April 6th, 2020 at 5:57 PM.
Old April 6th, 2020 | 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Misty Marie

Originally Posted by Misty Marie
I had this issue with my truck. Started after I had my rear shocks replaced so maybe something came loose under there. My uncle replaced the fuel pump control module and all these problems went away. It is located at the back of the tahoe above the spare tire.
by all means he is definitely correct. Just driving it’s a possibility that.. example a ABS sensor came loose- speed control sensor came loose- traction control sensor- anyone of those loose will have a chain reaction to **** off the whole abs in hence showing several Alerts- I wouldn’t ignore this- get someone or look at all the sensors— take off tires and inspect them visual sensors- you’d be surprised.. really—
Old April 13th, 2020 | 9:36 AM
CF Pro Member

Unless you can read the codes in all the 4 code ''families'' it's just a guess to any repair. Knowing what codes are stored can point to the repair or at least help make an educated guess. It's a computer with tires today.
nil2thebrain (April 13th, 2020)
Old April 13th, 2020 | 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default 100% agree

Originally Posted by repairman54
Unless you can read the codes in all the 4 code ''families'' it's just a guess to any repair. Knowing what codes are stored can point to the repair or at least help make an educated guess. It's a computer with tires today.
100% truth- however- Chevrolet dealerships can’t seem to get this down to a direct hit. I found better help from a mechanic that had an Autel MaxiSys Elite (bidirectional scan tool) that helped me..
look for a good reliable mechanic w/tools of this sort. Because no doubt they are very necessary for repairing vehicles made in the last 15 years for sure.
Mateen El (April 22nd, 2020)
Old April 22nd, 2020 | 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 91Caprice
I've had this happen a few times. Once was because the intake tube where it attaches to the throttle body was not on there secure enough. Another time it's because I accidentally unplugged one of the connections over the rear driver side shock when I replaced the shocks. The other time the Throttle Body needed to be replaced which apparently is a common problem with these 07-12 full size trucks.
I will check to see if one of those are an issue and if corrected will share on this thread

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control