Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help! Service TC/Stabilitrak error

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2021, 7:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Thank you

Thank you for this information. This was very helpful, Especially being that there is a lawsuit pending for this very thing and the fact GM knows about these issues and hasn't issued a recall. Afterall, this is our safety that we're talking about.

Originally Posted by Blazeddiamonds
2008 Buick Enclave. Driving down road, all of a sudden car starts slowing down on it's own. Service Stabilitrac, Traction Control off, Service Engine Light blinking, occasionally the Reduced Engine Power would come on. Sometimes it would be okay if I stopped and killed engine for a few minutes. Kept on doing this Intermittently until it was continuous. Engine ran rough, sometimes it would jerk into another gear Driving down the road... hard shift outs. Replaced Throttle Body as that was what we were told that would fix it. No help. Changed spark plugs. Nope. Cleaned Mass Air Flow sensor.. NO. Cleaned various other sensors and hoses related to fuel.. nothing helped. 10 error codes were on. Cylinders 2,4,6 were affected by all of this. Autozone's computer said a timing chain would fix it. Im not that rich. So I sat down going thru forums and found out about a fault in the engine fuse box. One of the two 10mm bolts was loose. A little more research found GM had put out a service bulletin to their technicians. You can find it here, but read all the way to the bottom:
https://m.carcomplaints.com/news/202...problems.shtml
LONG story short, my son check my fuse box bolt and that was the problem. I don't know how to fully explain it but he said the bolt was over tightened to the point it was past the threads. So he backed the bolt out until the threads caught it. Instant fix! All codes vanished! Engine purring like a kitten. Only thing, light gray/almost white smoke poured out of the exhaust for a good 5 minutes after he fixed it. He's a diesel mechanic. Told me it was burning off all the carbon from cylinders 2, 4 and 6 not functioning correctly. It smelled like carbon burning where when I had cranked it earlier that day for the first time, you could see a tiny bit of exhaust and it smelled of gasoline. As the GM bulletin says, check those bolts on the fuse box BEFORE you do anything else! Might save you thousands of dollars and months of headaches. I certainly hope this helps someone. And please let us know if it fixes yours. It's great we can all troubleshoot together. Good luck!
Old October 30th, 2021, 7:00 PM
CF Beginner

Hello all,

I bought a used 2017 Chevy Malibu in March. It had 110,000 km on it when I bought it and have put about 4,000 km on it since. Forgive me if this has already been answered but I've had an issue with a warning come up "Service Stabilitrak" It happened twice this week. On Tuesday I was in a drive through and stopped. When I took my foot off the brake the car didn't move the engine stayed in the auto stop and the Service Stabilitrak warning came on. Tried putting it in park and shifting, nothing. Put on my hazzards and the "battery saver" warning came up. Eventually got it going after about a minute. I was hoping this was a one off occurrence but it happened again on Friday. Same deal, stopped at a stop light, car went into auto stop I was stopped about 90 seconds or so. Light turns green, take foot off gas and Service Stabilitrak comes on, car doesn't respond right away but after maybe two seconds, car comes back to life and accelerates an the message goes away. Any ideas? Most of the issues I'm seeing with Stabilitrak involve the vehicle already being in motion.
Old April 7th, 2022, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Service StabilTrac light 07 Suburban Z71

I changed the front strut assembly's and now the StabilTrac light sporatically comes on. No engine light on though. Not sure if it has anything to do with changing the struts or it's just coincidence. Thanks.
Old April 7th, 2022, 5:13 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by mikejjb
I changed the front strut assembly's and now the StabilTrac light sporatically comes on. No engine light on though. Not sure if it has anything to do with changing the struts or it's just coincidence. Thanks.
Need to scan the ABS system for codes to see what it is seeing and which wheel. As just a guess it could be a wheel hub starting to go as sensor goes into the hub assy. or even a poor connection.
Without scanning for the codes everything is just a guess.
Old April 7th, 2022, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Sorry, my scanner shows "0x543 EBCM" and says "C0710 (History)".
Old April 8th, 2022, 5:53 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 152 Posts

That sensor went bad in my '11. It tells the ABS computer which way the steering is ''aimed''.

C0710 CHEVROLET code possible causes

• Faulty Steering Wheel Angle Sensor
  • Steering Wheel Angle Sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Steering Wheel Angle Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Old July 27th, 2022, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Suburban Z71

2006 Suburban, just changed back brakes (pads and rotors). When starting the vehicle and pressing the brake pedal down to adjust the new brakes, service stability and service traction control lights came on as soon as the pedal touched the floor. Tech 2 showing no active codes and no history. Brake fluid sensor jumped with no change. Fluid level is topped up. Changed brake pedal sensor on the left side of the pedal with no change. Brake lights and cruise control work.
Old September 4th, 2023, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by lmasbury08
I have a 2007 Suburban and for the last few days it has been shifting extremely rough when I'm nearly at a complete stop and when I accelerate from a complete stop, so I'm assuming first and second gears. Transmission really seems to be thumping when this happens and I have a Stabilitrak off /Service traction control/Service Stabilitrak warning. Luckily it hasn't completely broken down on me yet and it just comes and goes randomly. Anyone have suggestions on what it may be? Seems to be a pretty common problem and haven't been able to find a clear solution in other forms. I've seen everything from it needs a new sensor to change the fuel pump. I'd hate to spend thousands of dollars diagnosing it!

I posted several years back on how I resolved the same issues you speak of. My personal mechanic took the time to inspect the entire electrical system bumper to bumper. He found there was a short in the system and fixed it. I have never run into that issue again. It’s been at least 9+ years. I have a 2006 Tahoe.
Have your entire electrical system inspected by a trustworthy mechanic. It solved my same issue.
Old September 4th, 2023, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by UrbanBurban06
2006 Suburban, just changed back brakes (pads and rotors). When starting the vehicle and pressing the brake pedal down to adjust the new brakes, service stability and service traction control lights came on as soon as the pedal touched the floor. Tech 2 showing no active codes and no history. Brake fluid sensor jumped with no change. Fluid level is topped up. Changed brake pedal sensor on the left side of the pedal with no change. Brake lights and cruise control work.
I posted several years back on how I resolved the same issues you speak of. My personal mechanic took the time to inspect the entire electrical system bumper to bumper. He found there was a short in the system and fixed it. I have never run into that issue again. It’s been at least 9+ years. I have a 2006 Tahoe.
Have your entire electrical system inspected by a trustworthy mechanic. It solved my same issue.
Old April 8th, 2024, 10:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 avalanche problems

Traction light on brake lights stay on hard transmission shifting problem is brake sensor switch that will solve all your problems

Quick Reply: Help! Service TC/Stabilitrak error