Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help! Service TC/Stabilitrak error

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2024, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 avalanche afm problems

Deactivate AFM before it breaks down with a plug-in oil consumption is due to bad placement of oil rings that's the only way to stop it from smoking at idle
afm lifters get stuck we'll have to change out with LS7 lifters and DOD delete kit disable d o d a FM tuner to get the whole thing working full V8 all the time
Old May 16th, 2024, 7:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabiltrak error & sourcing Elec Suspension Control Module

Hi there,

2013 Suburban LTZ with 110,000 miles. I love this car and it’s been a family workhorse for over 10 years. Having the dreaded Stabiltrak issue with transmission shift issues, rough engine, etc once lights go on. It was intermittent for a while. I could use code reader to reset. Finally, full on non-functional truck. Did all the wheel hub sensor replacement and checks. Nope. Took to dealer. They spent a LOT of hours tracing this down. (I don’t mind the hours since IMO, electrical debugging is Gods Work!). They say they isolated it down to what appears to be a faulty Electronic Suspension Control Module. GM Part Number 25971217. The problem is they said GM no longer supports this part and they cannot source it. I check everywhere on internet and no go on New. I worked the salvage system and hard to get that exact part number. Ordered one on eBay which said it was that part number and ended up being wrong one from an 07 Tahoe. It came with Delphi 15893732 part number on sticker.

A couple of questions here:

1.) Has anyone tried using and reprogramming a non-perfect-match ESCM on their Suburban/Tahoes? A bunch of different part numbers out there and the dealer said I really need the LTZ model unit. There are some on eBay from China that are “remanufactured”. Not sure if they would work?

2.) if a GM representative is on the Forum, what would you recommend. Without this part, the car essentially has to be salvage auctioned and that seems a shame since it is in great shape otherwise and probably has another 100,000 miles left on it. Will Delphi start making these again?

Any other hints out there to get her running again? I was told as a hack I could jump the #40 pin wire to #25 (TN/BK) and #39 to #24 (TN) and it will likely make the codes go away, but then no self-adjusting suspension.

I also wonder if that is the correct diagnosis since I have seen so many other posts where wheel hub sensors (I would assume dealer checked that) and air pump were causing the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.