Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help- third row seat removal!

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2020, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help- third row seat removal!

Hi all

Would like to remove my third row seat (electrical) out of my 2020 Chevy Tahoe. Can anyone guide me, or guide me to a link that shows me how? Also, when disconnecting the electric, does it cause any problems or cause alarms to go off etc?? I wish they had the option of no third row seat, I want the room for stuff, not people!!! thanks in advance
Old May 26th, 2020, 4:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 210 Likes on 184 Posts

Hi Carol - we just purchased a '20 Tahoe with the 3rd row electrics. I assume you know they are not designed to be removed like older versions of Tahoe & Suburbans. I'll bet it's quite a chore & would not attempt it unless they are coming out for good.
Ours are pretty much always folded down but I miss the versatility of removable like we had in our 05 Suburban.
Old May 26th, 2020, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Hi there

If I can get them out, they will stay out, no need for them!!! thanks for the reply!!
Old June 7th, 2020, 7:49 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Letting go

Originally Posted by Rednucleus
Hi Carol - we just purchased a '20 Tahoe with the 3rd row electrics. I assume you know they are not designed to be removed like older versions of Tahoe & Suburbans. I'll bet it's quite a chore & would not attempt it unless they are coming out for good.
Ours are pretty much always folded down but I miss the versatility of removable like we had in our 05 Suburban.
I too want to get rid of my 01 Suburban before the birds start nesting in the rust holes, but i am just not ready to let go yet. I find all sort of endless excuses; for example, every replacement part on it has a lifetime warranty so I could just keep swapping out parts till there's nothing left to attach the parts to. Or, if I buy new I will lose my high mileage bragging rights that I have earned while scraping many a knuckle and washing a lot of rust out of my eyes doing so. And of course there's the excuse that it gives my retired *** something to do while attaining that coveted sense of accomplishment of doing something yourself no matter how long it takes...thank God I have a second vehicle and a lot of friends who think they know more than I do. BUT, I will always remember the bumper sticker that I saw on an old chevy that had more fender material missing than remaining that said "A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing." I laughed so hard when I read that, but its words rang true...letting go is really tough.
The following users liked this post:
Carol Jandoli (June 11th, 2020)
Old June 11th, 2020, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

Hi there

We went to the dealer to make sure if we unplug them they don't short circut the electrical system. They unplugged them, and lossened some bolts, didn't affect anything. We took them out, so much more room! Those seats should be an option!