Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Here we go again. Stumble and losing water.

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2010, 8:04 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found another leak. Between the intake manifold and engine block on the right side. With a 15lb. test, it drips pretty fast. Looks like an intake gasket, but also looks like I'm going to put it up for sale. At least on the next one I will know what to look for.
Old March 18th, 2010, 8:07 PM
CF Junior Member

crap....sorry to hear about the second leak... time to put mine on the pressure tester. I threw a code yesterday... #4 cylinder misfire so I picked up plugs and wires.
Old March 18th, 2010, 8:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

irony and murphy's law say that this latest leak is the last of problems too. sorry you've had so much trouble with the 'burb.
Old March 18th, 2010, 9:28 PM
CF Active Member

That might be the last motor problem, but I still need front end work, brake rotors replaced, and misc. here and there. I also hear a slight knock, so I'm not ready to gamble any more money into it, or leave my family stranded on the side of the road.

This won't be the last of me if this one sells. I'm getting another one. Thanks to you all, I'm much better educated on what to look for BEFORE I buy one, instead of after!
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey aslong as u get a chevy we aint mad at u LOL.. jk
Old March 19th, 2010, 8:59 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by maxxman04
irony and murphy's law say that this latest leak is the last of problems too. sorry you've had so much trouble with the 'burb.

Well, thanks to you maxx, and talking it over with the financial advisor, I think I'm gonna keep the Burb and just get the things fixed. I've already gone through it and know what needs to be fixed. I've spent my time and energy cleaning it up and fixing what I can on my own. It's kinda grown on me, and like maxx said, I'd hate to get rid of it, and then come to find out it was just an intake gasket and it would have run for another 200K.

I know from being here a short time that I have plenty of help if need be and plenty of encouragement.
Old March 19th, 2010, 9:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i was in the same boat as you pastor with my tahoe. at wit's end after few hundred in repairs only to not be working right. then took a day off of it, gathered my thoughts, and started over. turns out i had spent all i needed to money wise. it just needed a couple adjustments to be good.