Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

hey need some help

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2008, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey need some help

alright this is going to sound like i have no clue about vehicles and how to fix them but i do. Well i have a 93 k15 blazer and i jsut bought some new skyjacker shocks now i just need to know how to install them..ive done them before its just that my mind is blank and i know this is an easy thing to do so please tell me what to do haha. Honestly i feel like a moron asking this [sm=headbang.gif]
Old March 12th, 2008, 8:14 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts
Default RE: hey need some help

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. Not familiar with your specific vehicle but all the shocks I've changed have been pretty much the same except struts of course. Fronts usually have a nut on the top end of the rod and two cap screws on the bottom attaching it to the lower A-arm. Rears usually have two cap screws at the top end and the bottom is attached to a stud with a nut on it. Good luck.
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Search for a repair manual for your truck online and buy it. It'll come in handy if you plan on doing your own work. Between the manual and this place, you'll be in good hands. Good luck!
Old March 13th, 2008, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

yeah i figured it out now but thanks for the responses i bought a Chilton book. The blazer is a project for me i bought it for $800 from my buddy it has 228,769 miles on a chevy 350 small block with blown head gaskets, blown front end, rebuilt tranny, messed up exhaust, blown upper and lower ball joints, blown shocks,needs all new gaskets in engine...and lastly the frame is rotting out. i scraped the frame down and slopped on some undercoating and just installed the new shocks, next is the ball joints and then gaskets and if i have any money left whole new front end...Ha alotta work for a 17 year old senior without a job haha.[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old March 13th, 2008, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

Good luck with your project... Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you! Good thing about the 92's is the space in the engine bay since they have the old school round air filter on top of the throttle body. Keep us posted of your progress...
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

ha yeah thats the good thing bad thing is i keep hitting the back of my head on the latch on the hood lol being 6'1 and trying to do that is annoying lol and i will make sure to keep yall posted