Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Hook up aftermarket flipdown DVD to front console 07 suburban LTZ

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2008, 11:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hook up aftermarket flipdown DVD to front console 07 suburban LTZ

Hello All,

I recently purchased a 07 ltz loaded (nav, radio, cd, xm) except for the rear DVD. The dealer i bought it from put in a aftermarket 12" DVD. Since I didnt like the FM modulator I had another company put in a ipod aux connector so that the sound is hard wired to the center console and can be played through the factory bose system. With this setup I can change the to XM tab (on the center radio console) which the ipod plays through and hear the rear dvd but cant control it. Since on the screen there is an empty tab I was wondering if there was a way I can hook my aftermarket DVD to front console so that my wife can control the DVD from the front console while driving (instead of using the remote). My wife complains about not being able to contol the DVD via the console such as she does with the radio, cd, nav etc. Thanks for any help in advance!
Old October 30th, 2008, 7:06 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hook up aftermarket flipdown DVD to front console 07 suburban LTZ

If your Nav does not have the DVD logo, then your unit will not play dvds directly or have a video input from the factory. It does not look like you can control any aftermarket equipment either. You could get the latest Lockpick from coastal tech. It will give you 2 audio and video inputs as well allow your front seat passenger to input addresses while the car is in motion.Im sure your aftermarket screen has avideo output. You can connect it to the lockpickand view the video up on thefront nav screen.When you have thevideo playing up front,you can aim the remote straight up or at the flipdown screenand control your aftermarket screen and verify you hit the right button by looking at the nav screen.
Old October 30th, 2008, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hook up aftermarket flipdown DVD to front console 07 suburban LTZ

Thanks rruelas! If I did get that would it still work with the ipod aux connection I am using to get my sound hard wired through the bose system (instead of using the FM modulator)? Also while the dvd is playing through the overeheand and console can I still switch the console back over to the nav or radio while the overhead is playing? Thanks again.