Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How do crossbars on 07 'Burb lock?

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2011, 10:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do crossbars on 07 'Burb lock?

Borrowed an extension ladder from my Dad last night and when adjusting the crossbars on the factory roofrack, we couldn't get them to lock. There's a piece that releases on the end of the bars that allows them to slide back in forth but when you lock it, it only prevents the bars from moving backwards, not forwards. There are little slots on the roofrails that we figured were for the crossbars to lock into but that didn't work either. We ended up putting the crossbars at the very front & very back of the roofrails so there wasn't anywhere for the bars to go once the ladder was on but if I want them closer together, how do I lock them in place so they don't slide forward or backwards? Owners Manual doesn't provide any info and didn't have any lock on google or searching the forums on here. Thx.
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I would like to look into this further, could you please PM me your full name, phone number, VIN number and mileage so I can proceed. I look forward to hearing from you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking lol

while your at it, please give me your full name, address, social security number, birth date, and mother's maiden name.

thanks!

or...

and this is just an idea here... Google Chevy owner center, and find the manual for your vehicle, and search it....

or.. since I'm such a nice guy today:

http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/pdf/...ban_owners.pdf

and yes, that's for a 09, but it should apply.

GM is far to busy designing $hitty cars to bother with putting the 07 manual on the web page.
No need to thank me, the joy I feel comes from knowing I helped someone

LOL I really, really hope Louis's supervisor reads these. Maybe I should be the one getting paid!
(I hear GM doesn't actually pay money, just shouts be glad you have a job).

Page 2-79! Ohh SNAP!

From the sounds of it yours do not appear to be functioning correctly. Have they ever or is this #1?

Sometimes they get stuck, some WD-40 might help...

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; November 30th, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old November 30th, 2011, 8:01 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
No need to thank me, the joy I feel comes from knowing I helped someone
And I thought it was just from making snarky posts.
Old December 1st, 2011, 7:54 AM
CF Addict

Default that too

well... that too

We see it everywhere. GM won't put anyone on TV, and they just generally suck at PR. Then we see this crap. You have an incredible opportunity to assist existing and potential customers on an interactive one on many system that would lead to brand loyalty, recognition, and obviously sales. However they blow the whole thing by asking for personal and private information alienating anyone who has purchased their product (Although not as bad as the DeathStar fiasco of a few months ago).

The sad part is, not only is it a 'missed' opportunity to develop a rapport with people so interested in your product that it creates generations of loyalty and an illogical hatred of other brands, but it's actually pushing them away. Mismanaged social media interaction, pathetic attempts at web sites. Creating good cars is only part of the battle (which, if I may add, GM is terrible at). They need to step up to 2011 (and soon 12) consumer expectations and interaction. It's clear they are jumping on the me too of social media without a clue. It's never been about technology. It's about people. How you make them feel when they address your company. How they feel walking into a showroom, talking to reps, touching the wheel, feeling the acceleration, braking, etc. You control this, and the sales will come.

They come to you seeking assistance and you push them away with only two sentences.

"I don't have all the answers, but I do have the answer keys".

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; December 1st, 2011 at 8:01 AM.
Old December 1st, 2011, 9:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Well I sent the info to the Chevy. Cust Service rep so we'll see if anything comes of it. I have to double check my owners manual as I started reading the luggage section but didn't see anything about the crossbars (although I did notice in the link you provided that it's a few paragraphs into that section) but it was dark, cold & I was in a rush.
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:33 AM
CF Addict

Default warrenty

they are checking if you are under warranty, then will tell you to see a dealer either way.

either that or plotting to come to your home and award you a BRAND ... NEW... CARRRRRR

we shall see.
Old December 1st, 2011, 11:41 AM
CF Active Member

I couldn't agree with you more.

well... that too

We see it everywhere. GM won't put anyone on TV, and they just generally suck at PR. Then we see this crap. You have an incredible opportunity to assist existing and potential customers on an interactive one on many system that would lead to brand loyalty, recognition, and obviously sales. However they blow the whole thing by asking for personal and private information alienating anyone who has purchased their product (Although not as bad as the DeathStar fiasco of a few months ago).

The sad part is, not only is it a 'missed' opportunity to develop a rapport with people so interested in your product that it creates generations of loyalty and an illogical hatred of other brands, but it's actually pushing them away. Mismanaged social media interaction, pathetic attempts at web sites. Creating good cars is only part of the battle (which, if I may add, GM is terrible at). They need to step up to 2011 (and soon 12) consumer expectations and interaction. It's clear they are jumping on the me too of social media without a clue. It's never been about technology. It's about people. How you make them feel when they address your company. How they feel walking into a showroom, talking to reps, touching the wheel, feeling the acceleration, braking, etc. You control this, and the sales will come.

They come to you seeking assistance and you push them away with only two sentences.

"I don't have all the answers, but I do have the answer keys".
Old December 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
CF Junior Member

they are checking if you are under warranty, then will tell you to see a dealer either way.

either that or plotting to come to your home and award you a BRAND ... NEW... CARRRRRR

we shall see.
That's what I figured...checking on warranty, not the new car.
Old December 1st, 2011, 12:38 PM
CF Addict

Default thanks

I'm glad someone agrees with me.
I don't mean to distract from the roof rack issue.

Did you try looking at them in the light? Some WD-40 or actual grease will last longer.

I personally removed the cross rails from my Tahoe and wife's car, as we don't load anything on the roofs...

It's easier to wash the roof, and might reduce drag.

Quick Reply: How do crossbars on 07 'Burb lock?