Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How do crossbars on 07 'Burb lock?

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2011, 12:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to take one off this weekend and look closer at it. However, all 4 don't latch which I find odd. Will have to take a closer look.
Old December 1st, 2011, 2:03 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

SabrToothSqrl,

I am sorry if I caused any confusion. I asked for his information so I could 1) update his information in our system, 2) check for any possible recalls or known issues on the vehicle and 3) to verify the vehicle information for possible resolutions to the problem.

You have provided a great resource to the public SabrToothSqrl. I am sure it will be beneficial for many. The 2007 Suburban manual is located in the GM Owner Center; the information regarding the crossrails is located on page 177. Unfortunately, he was having an issue with the crossrails locking at all, which isn't specifically listed.

For those who are unaware, the GM Owner Center is a free online source of membership benefits that can save GM owners time and money. It stores your vehicle information for up to five vehicles, offers owner's manuals, warranties, the latest Service History entries, helpful advice and videos, special privileges and offers and much more!

SabrToothSqrl, the information you provided is greatly appreciated. You are a wonderful addition to these forums, offering great advice.

While I am not able to provide technical assistance, I am able to help in terms of customer assistance. This would include interacting with the customer in hopes that we can reach some kind of resolution together.

I am looking forward to assisting those with concerns on the site.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; December 1st, 2011 at 2:05 PM.
Old December 1st, 2011, 3:29 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
SabrToothSqrl,

I am sorry if I caused any confusion. I asked for his information so I could 1) update his information in our system, 2) check for any possible recalls or known issues on the vehicle and 3) to verify the vehicle information for possible resolutions to the problem.

You have provided a great resource to the public SabrToothSqrl. I am sure it will be beneficial for many. The 2007 Suburban manual is located in the GM Owner Center; the information regarding the crossrails is located on page 177. Unfortunately, he was having an issue with the crossrails locking at all, which isn't specifically listed.

For those who are unaware, the GM Owner Center is a free online source of membership benefits that can save GM owners time and money. It stores your vehicle information for up to five vehicles, offers owner's manuals, warranties, the latest Service History entries, helpful advice and videos, special privileges and offers and much more!

SabrToothSqrl, the information you provided is greatly appreciated. You are a wonderful addition to these forums, offering great advice.

While I am not able to provide technical assistance, I am able to help in terms of customer assistance. This would include interacting with the customer in hopes that we can reach some kind of resolution together.

I am looking forward to assisting those with concerns on the site.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Good post, thank you Louis. I hope this helps us understand why GM is here on the site and what they can help us with. There has been some confusion and I hope this post helps. For all the out of warranty , low budget, DIY technical & non dealer related questions we have some great experienced professional members here to assist.

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; December 1st, 2011 at 3:33 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 8:03 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GM owner Center

Owner center may, but the Chevy site does not:

Chevy Vehicle Manuals | Owners | Chevrolet

Contains nothing before 2008.

SEA-DOO has their entire product line (actually BRP) going back to 1996. On their site.
And it includes part diagrams AND numbers.

epc.brp.com

Anyway, of course I meant no offense, but I hope we can both learn from the situation, perhaps if your intentions of identifying recalls / etc from the VIN were made clear it would appear less like asking for market research and or personal information.

And yes I'm aware the manual has nothing useful in it. Not even the 486 pages on how air bags and seat belts work is useful. Anyone born after 1903 knows how to use seat belts and has a general idea of air bags.

If they wear them or not, that's just evolution in action, but that's another thread.

What we need, as 'enthusiasts' vs. standard 'consumers' of these vehicles are technical diagrams, tear downs, part numbers, etc.

These documents don't have to be free, but the do need to be available and at reasonable costs to do it your self people.

Many people would rather work on their own car, even if the savings is not part of the equation. Could I afford the $86/hour at the dealer? Yes, I most likely could. Would I rather change my brakes / oil / filters / wipers / starter / water pump / etc my self? YES. Yes I would. I enjoy it.

Anyway; this does explain a lot. thank you.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 9:08 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

A reason that I usually change my own oil is to check out stuff under the truck. It's about time to take it in again and was looking under it and see the bottom of the crankcase is wet. Now that never happened when I did, so now am wondering what they didn't tighten. Almost has to be the drain plug or the filter.